Guys, he said he'd buy me a drink if he could, what did he mean?

So, I've liked this guy for a long time. We sometime socialise in the same circle but we're not friends exactly. I know him to speak to and I think he has a fair idea I like him. The thing is we're both in long term relationships. Recently we were at the same party and I found myself standing next to him at the bar. He ordered himself and his friend a drink and I nudged him and said, jokingly, I'll have a gin and tonic thanks (I was a bit tipsy and all shame had gone out the window). I don't know what I expected him to do but I was surprised when he laughed and said, "I would if I could, believe me" Now my brain has been working overtime ever since, reading all sorts into that. What did he mean? My partner would have no objection to a guy I know buying me a drink, I can't see why his partner would mind. Unless buying me a drink implies that there would be more than just a drink involved? Is he suggesting that if we were both single he'd be up for becoming more than 'acquaintances'? Or am I reading too much into it? Sounds a bit stupid I know but you've no idea how much I'd love to shag this guy! I wouldn't cheat on my partner but the thought that this guy might actually sleep with me given the chance, well!!

2

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he likes you... Guys dont just buy random drinks for people, especially at bar prices... 👍👍

• Probably low on monetary funds.