Why is fat used as a bad word?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because being fat isn't generally attractive, therefore, calling someone fat is like saying they're not attractive... obviously this is from a point of a sensitive fat person. If they're fat, they're fat. You calling them fat isn't necessarily in an offensive way cause you're just describing the body they have.

• so u are tryin to say fat people aren't attractive #bullshit

• I said that they aren't generally attractive, which means that most people don't find them attractive.
      And to me they aren't attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are body parts used as a bad work?
    Who the hell knows...

What Guys Said 5

• Because that's very insensitive to say to somoene

• Because too many people are overly sensitive today and God forbid you say anything remotely insulting. Does anyone have a backbone nowadays to even take a insult?

• why does fat hav to me an insult?

• Well I guess it doesn't have to be. It's just that some people don't like to hear the truth and take offense to it.

• i love fat..

honestly the fatter the better and im not using fat as a bad word its good in my opinion.. i dont really like my girls "small"

the bigger the belly the bigger the booty i always say

• It's gross. Have you ever even looked at fat? Like, actual fat, it's disgusting

• because earlier it was not common...

• who u so show u was there earlier?

What Girls Said 2

• I think because people ( not myself) seem to view "fat" people as lazy, unhealthy people unfortunately. Also on here... I think 99% of the world would be called "fat". Seriously some peoples idea of fat on here is outrageous.

• It's not a bad word but it can be insulting to some people. Its surrounded by a negative stigma.