What are good long novels to read?

I like books about adventure, crime, drugs etc. I've recently finished Shantaram which was an amazing book, I however I want to get another but I want a novel thats no less than 700 pages. And if it is shorter then it has to be REALLY good. Thanks! x

Most Helpful Girl

• ecx.images-amazon.com/.../..._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is a true crime book about Richard Kuklinksi, he was contract killer for the mob. Awesome read and long, but very gruesome details, like people being eaten alive in some parts of it. I am a freak and love true crime, I've read Helter Skelter, My friend Dahmer, etc... nothing comes close to this book.

• I saw the HBO documentary on him. It's crazy because he seemed like such a personable guy

• @Resoglass He was. He wasn't crazy at all, it was just a job to him. A double life. And in the book he has many parts where he did these amazing things for people because he had good parts buried deep in there. One point he paid the hospital off for this sick boy who was dying and was furious at them for turning the boys stuff off. He saves another kid from getting jumped and raped one night. It's bizarre! Such an interesting read.

What Guys Said 8

• Ulysses by James Joyce.

If you're a fan of realism and stream of consciousness writing, then it's a classic.

It's one of those books that you can love, hate, comprehend, and completely fail to understand -- all at the same time.

• Green eggs and ham is a big book right

• Have you read A Song of Ice and Fire? They're long books and they're full of adventure (also politics, though). The Sherlock Holmes collections are pretty thick books (they're mostly short stories though). The Cryptonomicon has a bit of adventure in it. If you like strange books Kafka on the Shore might be up your alley. Lastly, each book is probably closer to 500 pages, but the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons is a good read. There is a lot of adventure, and there are 4 books in total probably bringing the total page count up past 2000 pages. Those are some of my favorites, though they're more SF and fantasy than adventure, crime, etc.

• The Giver: quartet collection single hard copy

• The dictionary 🙂🤓

• The Killer is Dying

• "The Martian" was so good, I couldn't put it down. I read at work.

• I dunno i just wanted to comment because i have a slight crush on u.

What Girls Said 2

• Pillars of the Earth is one of my all time favorites and about 1000 and some odd pages

• I don't know if it'd be your taste but I adore Haruki Murakami's books. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle is my favorite and it's long. Also, 1Q84, a triology, seems really good (I just started it).