Why would Obama want to still let Muslims in when it's quite likely that people don't want that after the Paris terrorist attacks?

People are asking why people would vote for Donald Trump who quite obviously wouldn't be the best candidate for a president. But at least he intends to keep "the Muslims" out of the country, which would clearly get him many supporters over someone who's still in favor of letting "the Muslims" in despite the events that occurred in Paris.

Why would Obama still support letting "the Muslims" in, if it's clearly not helping him with his vote count?

Please note, don't say that "because Donald Trump is clearly racist by not letting Muslims in", because Islam is NOT A RACE. Thanks.

0|0
19|34

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm glad you posted this; as this is a topic I have been wanting to ask on here as well. Here's the thing.. I do not stand behind Trump on almost anything that he says BUT I believe that him wanting to make walls and take Muslims out of the US could actually benefit us in one way or another. There are Muslims that are good people, don't get me wrong. However, that is a very fine line because we never know who is good and who is bad until it is far too late.
    Even Obama contradicts himself on such topics. Obama stated in one of his speech's about gun control that "federal background checks simply don't work"; yet he turned around in that same sentence and stated "Don't worry, Muslims will undergo a Federal background check before being allowed in the US". If Federal background checks do not work then what is the point?
    Also, it is known that some of the terrorist bombings we have had so far were actually "Refugees" that we took into the US. Therefore, we can't trust a lot of these people that Obama is taking in. Either that or he is full of shit and doesn't perform any sort of background check which truly would not surprise me. However, some people have a clean record and have given no reason for us to believe they are bad people until they end up shooting up shit for the hell of it.
    We have so many homeless vets and homeless people in general in the US that we should be worrying about. Instead we are taking in refugees and giving them free food (food stamps), government benefits (TANF and disability), free housing (section 8 and other low income options), recieve free medical insurance (Medicaid) and 90% of these people aren't working and refuse to work. I come from a place where we have more refugees roaming the streets than US citizens. All of these people, minus maybe 1%, sit on their asses and collect from the state while there are other people out there who are denied benefits at all because of how much free shit is being handed out to these refugees. They can't afford to help out US citizens anymore because of this.
    So do I think that more refugees should be allowed here? Fuck no. Do I think a lot of these people should be shipped back to wherever they came from? Absolutely! Not only because of terrorism because obviously not all of them are terrorists, but on the simple fact that most of them are freeloaders and just use us for our resources when us Americans have to bust our asses 24/7 just to survive.

2|3
    3|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Obama is up for re-election so he doesn't care about votes. i think the better question is why would other candidates, essentially all but Trump, still support taking in Muslim tourists and immigrants

I think the simple answer is because to ban an entire religion is an example of gross intolerance which our country is constantly trying to fight against. considering that less than.1% of all Muslims are considered radicalized it's really an illogical plan to ban all Muslims. Additionally if we went through with a ban like this the next point would be to ban and deport all radicalized Christians, Jews, etc, etc, of which there are definitely plenty in the United States

the primary reason Obama doesn't support a ban is
    1. it goes against the principles of inclusion and acceptance
    2. he's not worried about votes as he isn't up for re-election

3|1
    0|0
    • Truth be told, 1% in a population over a billion is a lot of people.

• Show All
    • Obama has done his two years as "Dictator Obama".

He's not allowed to run for a thiird.

• Sorry terms, not years.

What Girls Said 18

• Stop this bullshit please and if it was my choice i would choose Obama over that piece of shit 😐😐😐 it don't like Obama but he still better than that fuck head who would ruin America with his toxic mind 😷😷😷 Muslims are humans too. You don't have the right to treat them that way just because of what happened in Paris😐😐😐 i still don't know why you people are so afraid of them like that 😕 they're humans not monsters! So yes i want Obama to be the president of USA forever 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

6|7
    0|1
    • love this!! lol..

• Show All
    • I didn't change the subject :)

• @HereWeGoAgain1 you did 😁😁

• Because most Muslims are good people. Less than.1% are in terrorist organizations or extremists. Also if you look at mass shootings in America most of the perpetrators are butt hurt white guys who didn't get something handed to them like they're used to.
    Also Obama isn't eligible for reelection and gets paid for the rest of his life now so he is concerned about what's right not what's popular. Also Trump is racist against anyone who isn't white and is basically playing the same game Hitler did.

9|3
    2|1
    • I don't really think it's comparable to Hitler though, considering he's just not letting them in; he's not legitimately killing them in gas chambers.

• Show All
    • How do you know Muslims are good people?

• Because most people are good

• Look I'm not going to attack Trump on this because it is an important issue to understand but I will say that Teump readily admits he has very little understanding on foreign politics to which he says he will learn once he gets into office. He also doesn't know what the nuclear triad is even though he wants to be commander and chief in an involved role nor does he have much understanding of constitutional law.

Obama was a constitutional law professor which does give him special perspective to sometimes bend civil liberties in a more narrow manner than I would like him to but the issue on refugees is clear as day both under U. S. Law and international law. Though yes he does want to take in more refugees it doesn't come down to an issue of want or don't want. You can not want to all day but it is unconstitutional and in breach of international treaty to straight out refuse to take in people along religious lines.

If you are going to try and filter people out line that you have to be more sneaky. We can poo PPP on the EU screening process and start requiring visas and what not but we can't be as bold faced as to straight up say no more Muslins and take back the ones we already have.

2|2
    0|0
    • "Trump readily admits he has very little understanding on foreign politics to which he says he will learn once he gets into office. "
      Nuff said.
      We've had enough bungling by presidents who knew a bit more about foreign politics.

• Because banning all Muslims is absolutely ridiculous considering that radicals are a minority among Muslims. Generalizing an entire group of people like that is idiotic as well as downright harmful- Muslims already face massive amounts of persecution in western countries like the US, even to the point where they are in physical danger. Plus, this kind of fear mongering is both utterly ridiculous and straight up politically disadvantageous. First off, creating a divide between Muslims and "the west" is exactly what ISIS wants- if we reject non-radical Muslims it makes them more likely to be sympathetic to ISIS's cause after all. And secondly, no one generalizes Christians when they commit terror attacks. In fact, fairly few people even call it terrorism. And I have yet to see major news sources making a big deal of the fact that the vast majority of school shootings in the US were committed by white males. So casting all Muslims as somehow potentially involved in terrorist actions is both unreasonable and straight up idiotic.

And honestly, it is racism that is at least somewhat at fault for Trump's opposition of Muslims. Race and religion overlap, and most Muslims are non-white, and this is very likely why Islam is one of the more persecuted religions in the west.

1|1
    0|0
  • Race, ethnicity, and religion overlap... who cares if racist isn't the best term? It's just a misnomer, don't dwell on it. Point is, prejudice is prejudice.

Do people think not letting Muslims in will get rid of terrorism? I honestly doubt it. Fucked up people find fucked up ways to fuck people up. Secondly, doesn't really make sense for the progressive multicultural society we live in to support such a ban. The overwhelming majority of those Muslims are normal people. I'm Muslim myself (albeit more on the agnostic end tbh), born and raised here. I've contributed to my community as much as if not more than people of other races here. Never created problems. What should happen to me you say?

4|2
    0|1
    • Actually, Trump isn't proposing to kick out American citizens. He's proposing to stop further muslim immigration to the USA...

• @RationalMale I know, I didn't mean to imply that. I wanted to know hear what views about American citizen muslims are.

• Because stopping Muslims from coming into America is not going to stop shootings or terrorist attacks or whatever you want to call it? That's so ignorant to assume that all violent activities happen because of "Muslims" when its really not the case. Most of the violence and shootings done in the past year weren't even by muslims.

PS. Muslims is not a race, but it accompanies people of every race.

4|2
    0|0
    • ... well that's exactly why it's not a race. Because it is not just one race of people. It is in fact a group of people with s similar agenda and similar morality and similar values.

• Muslims don't have an "agenda". There are over 1 million muslims living in America today who have not condoned to any violent "agenda", and have often left their own nations because governments are too strict.
      And as for having similar values - every follower of any ideology holds similar values. But you would be surprised at how many different view points and sects there are within the religion, so you cannot assume that they all want a "sharia law" in America or w. e.

• Because it's a juvenile idea that is not only heavily fascist in nature but also won't make a blind bit of difference. All it will do is make the divide even harder to bridge, it will HELP ISIS.

It's similar to his "Build a wall" idea for Mexican immigration.

0|1
    0|0
  • what about Americans who are Muslims? would trump kick them out of USA because of they are Muslims?

4|3
    0|0
    • Possible! I don't know his intentions in that regard.

• Show All
    • @dartmaul15 Ah ok sorry I got you wrong :)

• @Ninathelovely no worries. Only reason i think it's good that trumph ran for president is that it might just make the people of USA realize how ridicolous their own political system is.
      But judging by the votes he's getting, i clearly overestimated part of USA.

On a more serious note, i think the guy's a fool. More than a little racist too.

• Because not all Muslims are terrorists.

3|1
    0|0
  • I hope you realize that there are many Muslims who are escaping terrorism as well because you know, not all Muslim are terrorists.

0|2
    0|0
  • because not Muslims does not = isis. they've had to put up with far more terrorism from the extremist group than anyone else. they are victims that need help. paris went through one indecent, how much and how long have they been suffering for? how many children are dying, and suffering because of isis?

3|0
    1|0
  • Lol... you think Obama cares about his vote count?

0|2
    0|0
  • Obama has historically been sympathetic towards muslims. Besides, this is his last term. So vote count wouldn't matter for him.

0|1
    0|0
  • The liberal agenda.

0|1
    1|0
  • Because obama is an idiot

0|1
    1|0
  • Denying people the right to enter the country based off of their religion would be unconstitutional. The Paris attacks were tragic and unnecessary, but that doesn't mean that we shoukd stop allowing Muslims to come to America. Not all Muslims are bad, contrary to what some people believe. I have family members and close friends who are muslim. We should not turn our backs on all muslims because the extremists decided to terrorize people. What would be solved by keeping muslims out of America? ISIS would still be terrorizing, there would still be muslims that were already in the country, and we've basically left all the other muslims outside of the country to fend for themselves. Honestly, if the government decided to stop allowing muslims to enter the country, I'd be very disappointed. After we start denying muslims the right to enter the country then what's next? Do we get rid of all the muslims in the country? Do we all develop islamophobia? Prejudice leads to more prejudice.

1|1
    0|0
    • I just think it's odd that they let all those muslims in without proper paperwork and VISAs.

• What about the VISA Waiver Program?

• Becuase not all muslims are terrist... Not even 50%

1|1
    0|0
    • not even 10% percent sry I meant to press 1 instead of 5

• Show All
    • Not even 1/million , world wide

• http://i64.tinypic.com/xlilom.jpg

• Yea he's not racist, he's a bigot. That's much better right?

5|3
    0|0

What Guys Said 33

• The Germans killed millions:
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../..._Zerst%C3%B6rungen.jpg
    www.historiccoventry.co.uk/.../ruins15-11-1940.jpg
    i.ytimg.com/vi/mGdHdE7l9dI/maxresdefault.jpg

Who asked to ban Germans? (Trumps granddad was one)

The IRA killed hundreds. Who asked to ban all Irish then?

5|6
    1|1
  • If the argument is made that he should ban all Muslims from entering the USA because of killings that happening in Europe, to protect Americans, then it stands to reason that he should also ban all Christians from entering the USA because of killings that happen in the USA, to protect Americans. Americans are hurt by the actions of the Army of God.

More Americans are killed by Christians on a day-to-day basis in the USA than are killed by Muslims. You cannot make the argument that banning an entire religion because of a few will save the nation when another religion is actually killing more of your citizens.

1|3
    0|0
  • Sorry, I don't understand your question, or least, it doesn't seem in keeping with what I know of you? :S Not exactly sympathetic to Islam, but I think a handful of Muslims in a population of millions carrying out such heinous acts doesn't make it Islamic attack. That's just a pretext for batshit craziness; abuse and trauma growing up; absence of parental, cultural and societal role models (parenting in general, most likely); and a divisive, tribalistic and uncaring society, where entire groups of people are allowed to fester, so long as number one is okay; and that's just for starters.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hey dude. "The Muslims" as you call them, are not all terrorists. Don't be a racist. Saying that because terrorists, who happened to be Muslims, attacked Paris, then no Muslims should be allowed in is in fact, being racist.

4|3
    0|1
  • Because Obama has the brains to understand that not all muslims are terrorists. So it would be UNFAIR to not let them in on the grounds of terrorism, when they are not terrorists. Donald Trump, on the other hand, is too dumb to understand this logic.

4|2
    0|0
    • But aren't they more likely to be terrorists statistically?
      As in, terrorist attacks are statistically more likely to be executed by Islamic believers than non-Islamic people.

• Show All
    • Religion is a set of beliefs, therefore a more direct cause of whether you think terrorist acts are right or wrong.

• But that set of beliefs is not causing the majority of population to bomb other countries, just like being men isn't causing the majority of population to practice terrorism.

• Why would Obama want to let Muslims in? Ratings for Hilary, and a complete lack of recognition of the dangers of Islamic terrorism. Whether he only maintains that's mental dissonance as a facade for his party or truly possesses it, he cannot and will not at this stage recognize radical Islamics terrorism. He won't even speak those words.
    Why should THE COUNTRY not do it?
    1. It's logistically impossible. There is no way to determine if someone is lying about their faith. Incidentally, if a person intends to commit jihad, they are able to do whatever is necessary to do so, because jihad, to the terrorist, guarantees them heaven. Islam also specifically permits lying to infidels.
    2. It won't stop those coming in from places we don't want, like Syria. There are people who call themselves Christian coming in from Syria, people who call themselves Muslim coming in from England.
    I believe in a temporary stop on immigration from Syria, with a focus on relief on location, but a stop on Muslim immigration is both not feasible and not helpful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because as much as 'some' of them can be a threat and im with you on this one. America is a world leader, its not good faith to reject innocent people that are looking for a safe haven. Its like having a billionaire donate 0 dollars during their lifetime. . We dont always agree with world leaders but it would cause a lot of world controversy and possibly open the doors for more severe attacks if they would reject refuges.

A When you're as powerful as the United States you naturally become vulnerable to negative situations.

0|1
    0|0
  • vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Because it's wrong, plain and simple.

1|1
    0|0
    • And Christian terrorists shooting up clinic and a church and schools and theaters are NO problem at all, of course. ^~^ .

• @jacquesvol I guess people believe that whatever Islam is about would always span people who want to be terrorists. It's so flawed since throughout history, many different people from different religions have done the exact same things. Like you said, Christianity for example.

• In case you haven't noticed Obama is an IDIOT. Allegations that Barack Obama secretly practices Islam.

1|1
    3|1
  • Because like some people, Obama knows most Muslims are non terrorist and are good decent people @karahiri @chocolateismylover

2|1
    0|0
  • I guess Obama just isn't as ready to persecute all muslims for the actions of just some as Donald Trump is, that's all.

0|2
    0|0
  • 1. The Democratic Party grows with immigration and non-white growth. Basically, as the caucasian part of this country shrinks, their power grows. Hence, they want immigration and amnesty and such.

2. Barack Obama said in his own book that he would stand with the muslims if the political winds turned. Heck, he spent much of his life overseas, and in islamic schools.

0|1
    1|0
  • He would let them in because he doesn't care about their religion (by the way he is muslim as well). Americans are just a formless mass of people with no identity whatsoever. They are not carriers of civilisation, therefore most of them don't give a damn about these things. Literally everything. Religion, race, culture, ideals, gay rights. They are braindead people, grown up to consume and work, work and consume.

0|2
    1|1
  • In his full name you would find the answer, and his full name is Barack Hussein Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-o1lmga7I

1|2
    3|0
    • So? What's the problem?

• I don't know, do you see an problem in letting millions of dangerous immigrants flooding the United States? or it's easier to be self-righteous an criticize Donald Trump?

• Thanks for admitting you don't know.

• From when he was elected, Obama hasn't been all that interested in what anyone else wants.

Here in Texas we tend to regard him as "Dictator Obama".

Personally I'd like to see Trump elected for at least one term just to kick the country back into gear.

0|1
    1|0
  • When are americans going to learn your country isn't a democracy. They don't give a shit what you want. Your just a sheep in a pen.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't agree with Donald Trump's ideologies on this subject, but I respect him because he speaks his mind. This is a trait that not many politicians have. They are too busy worrying about how they'll be perceived if they give their honest opinion.

Obama seems like a nice guy but I think he avoids voicing his honest opinion over controversial issues. I suppose that this is a good thing because he is representing the whole country and he needs to do what the general consensus would want.

0|1
    1|0
  • I will say it once and I will say it again,
    if its between Trump and Clinton,
    #Feelthebern
    I will Write in John Dillingers name as an act of protest

0|1
    0|0
  • Because denying entry based on religion is completely against the constitution

1|1
    0|0
    • Maybe the constitution is wrong then? It was laid out hundreds of years ago.

• If we're going to start making changes, I would propose we start with the second amendment

• i think Obama is disconcerted from what the people actually want

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you an idiot? Please. Just stop using the internet because you have zero critical thinking skills.

3|0
    0|0
    • The end justifies the means. Or does it not?

• Asker
      But what's the 'end'? Giving Trump the occasion to file for his 5th bankruptcy , this time the bankruptcy of the USA?

• It's simple:
    Muslim doesn't equal terrorist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do u think Obama wants to be elected again?

0|1
    0|0
  • Because not all Muslims are terrorists.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe those people like the idea of suicide bombers here in the u. s. I like trumps idea.

0|1
    0|0
  • Muslims didn't do the Paris attacks
    What do you think a world without Muslims be like?

2|1
    0|0
    • Uhhh... pretty much exactly the same, except with less people using the Quran as a way to justify mutilating their children or stoning people to death. It might not stop them from actually mutilating children or stoning them to death, though. It's used as a justification, not as an original source, after all.

• No offense but that shows u don't know Islam a lot coz what u say is in Hadith not in quran and pretty much the same actually nope

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/622013165983.jpg
      The problem is u people know NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about Islam and quran and Hadith hell u people don't know what " quraish " is?

• Obama can't really be re-elected now, can he?

0|1
    0|0
  • the 'muslims' in question are refugees from a war caused by American intervention so perhaps its guilt that this has led to a massive crisis in Europe.

1|0
    0|0
  • Obvious, the current president has does intend to do what is best for this country. I consider him to be a traitor.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't kid yourself. He sympathies with them because he is one himself.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys