If 2 mind readers are reading each other's minds, whose mind would they be reading?

Or will they be stuck in an endless loop of thoughts? :P

0|0
12|14

Most Helpful Guy

• There will be no loop.

Mind reading doesn't mean what the man is "CURRENTLY" thinking. It is what his mind has in store.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well here we're talking about what they're currently reading.

• Show All
    • even if we go your way, there will be no loop. Because when the mind reader 1 reads the mind of mind reader 2, he will know that the mind reader 2 is reading his mind. Then he will automatically stop reading his mind as he will be facing redundant thoughts coming from his own mind. And so will the mind reader 2.

But mind is itself is a complex entity whose capacity is still incomprehensible. Good question by the way.

• Hey thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahn I liked this question. I think they'd still be reading the other's mind, not their own, because what each of them would read is the other's activity of reading another mind, so they would both be basically thinking "he/she's reading my mind" and it would be true for both of them.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• WWWwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ERROR 404

ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...z-18656-1340379247-2.gif

1|1
    0|0
  • If they were focusing on what the other person is thinking their mind wouldn't be thinking anything. With both people not having thoughts they would just be waiting for a thought to happen lol. I like your question though!

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it would just cause them to get stuck in a loop like when you put two mirrors in front of eachother.

1|0
    0|0
  • Their thoughts would become conjoined

1|0
    0|0
  • they'd be reading each other's. when they try to read minds, they are trying to concentrate on what the other is thinking. the other person's thoughts become theirs, they just hear what the other person is thinking.

1|0
    0|0
  • Interesting thought. lol
    Maybe they think to themselves something like "I am reading his mind...".
    Or maybe they'll simply hear nothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • ... what? *brain explodes*

2|1
    0|0
  • That gave me a headache...

1|0
    0|0
  • Mind blown...

1|0
    0|0
  • Just like giving 69

2|0
    0|0
  • They'd swap minds

1|0
    0|0
  • they would be dished out of the matrix

1|0
    0|0
  • That's telepathy.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I guess they would have a telepathic war :P

thumbs.media.smithsonianmag.com/.../...85_crop.jpg

2|1
    0|0
  • I think they would get stuck in their own mind. Then a black hole would appear and the trans dimensional space goat would take them away.

http://cdn.meme.am/images/11197150.jpg

1|1
    0|0
  • I think whoever started minding reading the others first, or it may end up looking something like when you put a mirror in front of a mirror or hook up a video camera to a tv then point it at the screen.

1|0
    0|0
  • They would be reading each others!

1|0
    0|0
  • Is that a paradox?

1|0
    0|0
  • Mind blown lol

1|0
    0|0
  • great question ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • What came first, the chicken or the egg?

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I doubt it works like that. You catch certain thoughts when u focus..

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it...😐😫

0|0
    0|0
    • Supposing the two of us are reading each other's thoughts, you'd hear what I'm thinking. But what AM I thinking? Well... I'm thinking about what you're thinking.

So who's thoughts are we hearing here? Yours or mine?

• Themselves. One does not have to assume the position of the other's actual mind, their minds still remain themselves.

1|0
    0|0