Have you ever open the door?

have you open the door to the jehovah witnesses? (i believe this is the people that walk or ride bike knocking on people doors)
i know most people get bather by how insistant they can be , but do you just close your door at them.. or do you at least listen to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have spoken to missionaries before, both Jehovah Witness, and Mormon but as I am a dedicated pagan they have a long way to go to convert me. First you have to convince me that there is only two options (I'm a poly theist and believe in many gods) God and the Devil, then you have to convince me that your particular form of Christianity is the one that is correct. As I have studied biblical history that is a long and hard job. But I wish anyone the best, and I believe in learning and trying to keep an open mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha my dad is a Muslim, loves religion and debating religion. When witnesses come to the door, he invites them in for a chat. He'll read bits of his quran, he'll try to start debate... then they just start avoiding him lmao. They will avoid his door when in his area. When they see him they cross the road. It's so funny. This has happened with so many of them.
    I've tried to discuss other types of Christianity and Islam with them too before, but they were not having any of it loooool

• having religious debates are so weird.. lol

• maybe weird was the wrong word. more like its a dialogue that can't never end well.
      i have notice that when i try to ask questions, they sometimes skip it, or repeat the same thing to me

• Yea usually never ends well lol, worse than politics debates. It's because so many people are just too pig headed or ignorant or plain stubborn though.
      That's one reason I love my dads group of friends though, although they're mainly Muslim, he has Jewish, Christian, Sikh and atheist friends and they all talk about this stuff, have their little debates but never criticize or belittle each other, and still stay good friends after. But there aren't many people in the world like them. Most are "believe what I believe, or you're dumb" and we only need to look at the whole entire human history to see how bad these differences can get. And the worst thing is, literally every religion says to be kind and non judgmental, but every single one has people that are the opposite just because of their religion.

What Guys Said 13

• I get far more Mormons going door to door than JWs. I do the same with them as I do with any other salesmen. I tell them politely one time that I'm not interested before they even say anything. If they continue with their sales pitch then I turn hostile. I have no tolerance whatsoever for sales people who don't take no for an answer.

Fortunately the large majority of Mormons and JWs who have come by have been very polite, so no problems with them. They almost never get pushy. When I say I'm not interested they don't continue talking. So everything is good.

• To close the door in anyones face is just rude. So I listen to what they have to say and then politely tell them I am not interested. After all they are only doing what they believe in and they are not anything like as annoying as those people that come around selling things.

• very true. its is what they believe, and they think they are saving you...
      those sell mans are so ahhhh!!!

• I wave a bad habit of opening the door , they have a better habit of not staying long , so it's a problem that pretty much solves it's self

• sure, alot' when i was younger. Id let them in to chat. Ask where there from yada-yada. Alot' of young kids from Idaho for some reason. I'd have to ask them to beat it once they started pushing for others to come join in. I once had like 3 dudes in my house once telling me about all the crazy shit they believe in!
    Honestly felt bad for them, i grew up in the low desert and these poor kids where soaking wet from riding bikes in the heat.

• when i let them in.. i offer them water or a meal... but i dont understand why do all this...

• mostly out curiosity as a kid. I use to think they were salesmen or some shit. I mean they are in a sense but not what i expected.

• Yeah I have, they tend to talk about things and then they leave

Although it's been a while since the last time they were here...

• They've never come to my door, but always managed to stop me in public. Often times it was at my old job, I listened though.

• nope. i have never met one and none have come to my door. however, if they did, i would probably close the door on their face.

• Opening the door?

Fuck that.. I open my window and they get in

• Thankfully it has never happened. I would most likely just close the door in their faces, in all due honesty.

• Yes have done that, told them i already have my faith and never saw them again

• pushing religion on people is wrong,

• Yes I have and trying to get rid of them is takes a lot of dedication, patience and hard work.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't just close the door on them. I listen to what they have to say and let them know at the end, that I am an atheist.

Sometimes I just want to hide though.

• why do you want to hide? if i may ask

• Because some (not all) individuals that come, ignore you when you start telling them about your beliefs and continue talking about why they are here instead. Which can be frustrating to deal with and has happened to me several times.

• yeah, thats what i notice my self and its hard.
      you try not to be rude but sometimes there is no other way

• I have, though it was only because I was leaving as they were coming up the driveway and it was too late to turn around.

• Jehovah Witness people piss me off. I had two specific male Jehovah Witness who would come to my house every single day for four weeks straight at 7am. Every single day I would tell them they had to leave and not return. But they did anyways. It got to the point where I threatened to phone police and get a restraining order. They stopped coming. Thank God.

• wow, thatsjust to much
      7am... i would throw them water.. lol

• Exactly! I try to practice positive behavior however, they were bound and determined to break me lol

• lol,
      for most part i lived in the dominican republic.
      and some people do so weird things.
      like throw water or hot water. loosen their dogs or run them away.

• Nope, I've missed them every time. I think they tried to come to my place on Thanksgiving, but I had just hopped into my car.

• My dad is Jehovahs Witness so I try to listen to them out of respect for him. They're never wanting to hear what others have to say tho. That's the quickest way to get rid of them. Trying talking them about your beliefs. They don't wanna hear it.

• Yes I opened it told them I was an atheist and they looked at me blankly said okay then went away.

• well that was nice and respectful.
      sometimes they will continue to tell you otherwise

• It wasn't respectful it just shut them up like I was a lost cause or the devil. Actually I think they were Mormons. Two boys with ties in bikes. Either way it cut to the chase and got them to leave. I tried just not answering the door but they kept coming back.

• Yes I told them that we were devil worshipers. I was 13 and full of shit. We're Christians by the way. But they've NEVER returned to my parent's house! Lol

• They never come to see me.

• do you live in a hidden area?

• well for the most part i have seen them a few times near my house... but when i was younger they would come by a lot and talk for hours, and my dad would tell them that God have already mark everyone who would join him and doing this was a waste of time.

• but i always was told to feed them and to give them water. so i still do

• I don't even open the door if I'm sure it's one of them knocking on my door.