Opinions on the Alpha/Beta status?

Men are constantly labelling each other 'Alpha' and 'Beta' males. It just annoys me.. People need to stop obsessing over their social status. You're not a fucking Gorilla fighting over females. Women choose who they want.. You don't get the rights to them because you fought another guy. It's primitive af lmao. Are you gonna start mating calls next? Hahaha. 😂

• Alpha/Beta is cool.
  • Alpha/Beta is stupid and I agree with you.
  • *Mating calls*

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Anyone that denies a new age alpha concept has obviously spent zero time in the professional corporate world.

Most gaggers think it's about wolves lol. The differing opinions on definitions create a perfect storm for agag debate.

Alpha is synonymous to "attractive/charismatic/successful" to me, in my opinion.

I think it is obvious that attractive, confident, successful, charismatic, intelligent people do a bit better in life.

In dating, in business, in their careers, in politics, etc etc

• Alpha is synonymous to "attractive/charismatic/successful" to me, in my opinion.
      Id also add assertive/dominant but otherwise I agree.

• @Bandit74 ya, there are a few characteristics rolled up into it in my opinion, like confidence, etc. Which is why it's nice to use one word to summarize a list of common traits.

Unfortunately gag has to overcomplicate the obvious and so a**** is a swear word around here now lol.

• lol it really is a swear word

What Girls Said 8

• I only approve of it if we're talking about werewolves. When it comes to humans, it's super annoying and that concept needs to die ASAP!!!

• *points out how being a beta is actually being second i command* the correct therm for the one at the bottom of the hiearchy is actually Omega.

The more you know ^^

• @dartmaul15 Yeah I'm aware, I watch Teen Wolf.

• hmm, fair enough. As long as it follows the mythological lore for wereolves, and doesn't pull a "twilight" on them XD

• I only hear this crap on the Internet, not in real life.

• "Me man. Me beat my chest and show my teeth. This only way to prove masculinity. Me man. Me roarrrr!*
    Sincerely a self proclaimed alpha

• That's just stupid, then we should also have delta, gamma and all the other ranks labeled by the Greek Alphabet :P

• Yeah I use to be very against it but since it's probably never going away I decided to join it. You are now speaking to an very self proclaimed alpha male. I'm more alpha than alpha decay

• I just don t want a wimp

• I have only heard of this on the internet, and it is annoying.

• To be honest I didn't know guys were calling each other this 😆.

What Guys Said 13

• He who must say "i am the king", is no true king.

TL:DR guys claiming to be alpha are rarely or never so. Because an alpha doesn't need to toss it around 24/7 to reinforce his status.

But i agree. Just like "slut" it's just bs invented to put other people down.

• I see this as a fad, yeah a fad that has been going on for far too many years now but guys keep turning 18 so that market, and it is a market is always growing.

You have to see it as nothing more than another self help craze/subset like dianetics or whatever self help crazes are, the caveman diet, I don't know.

• Just dont tell my beta fish he's beta... He gets angry!! And i already have a mating call by the way...

• Alpha and Beta are ridiculous. Even in the animal kingdom Alphas and Betas switch around to fir certain roles and situations.

Sounds like a good ploy to get your to buy PUA books or something. I know plenty of balerina dudes who would kick the shit out of you while your calling them beta

• Yeah its mostly just an internet thing socially inept guys obsess about. The whole concept of alpha/beta males would only work in a pack or a small group, but it makes no sense in our current society where we basically live as individuals with our own goals. Besides we are well past our primal state, even the most "beta" guy could just walk up to the biggest "alpha" and just shoot him so the system is completely obsolete anyway.

• Lol it's BS the only people who actually believe in that crap are ego maniacs and people who love to show off or have a excuse for bad behavior.

• According to evolution, you are wrong. Just saying.

• its cuz he ain't alpha like u and me

• We are a civilazation now.. Not a pack of monkeys in the Amazon Rainforest dude.
      The status is only over females. It not longer applies. You don't get guys pissing on the streets to mark territory ffs. 😂

• Nah nobody pisses on poles, they just get the girls. Simple. The guy isn't an alpha if he proclaims he is an alpha. But leaders always get the girl, or the best girls. Love it or hate it.

• But women choose the alpha male...

It doesn't have to be said...

It doesn't mean only fighting...

• Alpha and Beta don't properly describe the concept enough. I prefer "Lover" and "Provider" to replace the terms. Lovers strive towards a sexual relationship with a woman while providers fail to express that need.

• Mating calls have become booty calls now 😉😉

• It's biological.

• I agree, the whole discussion is absurd

• People need to stop calling guys beta and girls sluts, this generation sucks