Should I have out with my boyfriend and his friends on new years eve?

My boyfriend said he wants to spend new years with me but also his friends. We usually go out to dinner and spend it together and have a new years kiss.
I never feel comfortable around his friends. I try my hardest to be friendly but I end up being ignored and sitting alone while my boyfriend hangs with them.
Should I risk possibly spending it alone? Or spend it with a group where I don't feel comortable?

What Guys Said 1

• No, you should make him do what you want or guilt trip him after he has. That way he'll resent you for it. /end sarcasm

What Girls Said 2

• Have you told him you don't feel comfortable around them? You shouldn't have to be in a situation where you don't feel welcome or where you feel that uncomfortable. He should be understanding of that. I think you should just talk to him about that and then figure out what you want to do. Or, maybe you could spend part of the evening with his friends and then leave to spend time alone together? It does't necessarily have to be an "either-or" thing.

• Why not spend it with some of your friends then?

• They're all with their boyfriends too.