How much money do you currently have saved?

I'm not asking what people make or do for a living. only curious how much you've managed to save.

feel free to add how long you've been saving.

(use a money converter online to figure out how much it would be in us dollars. and let us know if it's a good amount in your country.)

• between $500 and $1,000
  • between $1,000 and $5,000
  • between $5,000 and $25,000
  • between $25,000 and $150,000
  • more than $150,000
  • living paycheck to paycheck and in debt
  • living paycheck to paycheck but not in debt

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm around 3000€ so it's probably 3500$

Tons of people my age don't have that money on the side so I would say it's s pretty good but it's money I can't touch because it's saved for when I'll want to buy a house.

• that's smart. my original plan, at the age of 18, was to save most of my money. I wish I had stuck to it.

• My dad used to work at a bank and advised me to do it. It's automatic though so don't do anything about it. Each month money goes on that account.

What Guys Said 13

• Definitely D.

I'm taking no chances because you really never know what emergencies will happen and can cost you a fortune. Disasters happen more often unexpectedly with no possible to anticipate for them, unless maybe if you are like a super paranoid person, then maybe.

Also I know I need to save as much as possible and prepare for retirement as priority since incase if I never end up married. It's preparing for that and all end-of-life expenses.

I really wish I could have saved more than a full 6-figure sum by now, maybe then it would help relieve my fears and concerns that I'd be close to retirement age but complete broke financially and homeless and helpless. I'm way more concerned about that than never being in a single relationship and/or never being married, never finding "love", single for life, etc.

• how the hell did you save so much already at such a young age?

• It's simple. The age that is currently displayed here is not or does not reflect my true age in real life.

• Really don't want to give a real accurate birthday if I don't have to.

• That'll be option D

• always get money to Christmas birthday etc.
    never spend anything as a kid cause i had everything i needed.
    still not really spending much money, bought 2 ps3 games yesterday, that was the first time i bought something for myself for about 6-8 month. so yeah... got stuff laying around ya kno^^

• Nice try Internal Revenue Service!

• It depends on how I count it. If you're talking only about what I have in cash and bank accounts, it's about $10,000. But I also have gold, shares and a life insurance, which altogether places me well above $100,000.

• C for me. I'm studying with no extra job, so can't have too much lol

• Around 40k liquid. Stock market kids.. Learn it =D

• I've got the world under my feet.

• I so haven't got enough money!

• My mom transfers money every month for my school fee and other stuff. I have like 2.2 k atm "saved"

• I never do because I invest it right away...

I would never let cash sit in a bank account...

I would use it to buy investment properties that would generate new income, or to flip houses or something...

• investing is cool and all but not saving any is a waste.

• One time my mum had to take out almost $200k from her deposit for an emergency expens. Everyone needs to have some money in the bank.

Investing on gold, properties are very good but you still need to have liquid. Plus the property business are not very good theae past few years. at least here it is. My house went from IDR 81,5 billion ($5.9 million) to now only worth IDR 35 billion ($2.5 million).

• @Lady7 yea it sucks when that happens.

You live in Indonesia?

• I got zero.

• Not to brag but if I told all these girls would start blowing up my pm box

• yea, I know what you mean. every time I give an answer anonymously my inbox gets blown up. ;)

What Girls Said 6

• I have like 700 $ now lol I spent a big part on concerts and nights out.

• I dont have savings but i do have shares on several companies my parents and brother owns.

• As of today not enough to retire on yet.

• Option C because of school

• Just a little over 1000

• A little over $145,000 but a lot of that's going to college.