How do you get rid of your change?

I always have around $120.00 worth of change and I can never seem to get rid of it. I try to spend it, but some cashiers just don't understand. Like today I had a $1.25 worth of change then I gave the girl a 20 on top of the $1.25. She looked at me like I was crazy and was like here and gave me my change back and then gave me my change along with more change. lol I'm pretty sure all she had to do was type in $21.25 and the cash register would have given back change. I was going to give more than $1.25, but did have a chance to count it all out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know... I currently have $4.65 in nickles. Nickles. I have no idea what to do with them.

I would get Starbucks every day and have 55 cents as change every time. Then I'd save up the quarters and get poptarts from the vending machine and keep the nickel. Now I have $4.65 in nickles.

That's a lot of coffee...

• I thought you guys didn't like your purse to jingle with change. I remember one time I got bitched at by some lady trying to get rid of her change, so she gave me like 10 dollars more, plus the change change to make it and even dollar bill amount received back. Back then I didn't understand this, so I just gave her change back like normal and she was like, no I gave you 36 cents back, that way my purse doesn't rattle all day long with change. I had to count out the change myself and didn't have one of those fancy registers that tell you how much change to give back. lol Just something that popped into my head. haha random I know.

• It's cute you think I carry a purse lol

• haha. That's right girls don't really carry purses much anymore. At least the young ones:) Give me some slack, this was like 8 years ago :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Save it and it will add up and take it in the bank and they will give you cash or deposit it

• do they charge you to do that? I noticed they have coin counters, but I doubt they count the coins for free.

• I go to a credit union and they do not change for that. I dont think many banks do either. There are coin machines that will give you money for your coins but they change I think.

• There is a special machine that seperates the coins puts them in bags and counts them. its real easy. They don't have time to physical count them

What Girls Said 8

• Either

Go to a strip club and make it rain
    media.giphy.com/media/ZPFQVis9WAAcE/giphy.gif

Or help a homeless person/people out
    c2.staticflickr.com/.../...276154_eafbf9a892_b.jpg

• If you have a grocery store with one of those coin machines that turn them into bills you could go there.

• I get a gift card from harris teeter!

• I usually use the change I get to put in the parking ticket machine, or I just use it up when somethings cost like $24.75 etc

• I see. It's easy when you have a purse vs putting it in my pockets and figure out what I have. lol

• Maybe you can put it in small money bags and label how much you got in each of them, maybe easier 🙈

• you can go to a coin machine and the machine counts it and give you cash back so you don't have to carry all that change around

• My bank has a machine you can dump it into for bills.

• Go to the bank and deposit it.

• Roll it and cash it in at the bank.

What Guys Said 2

• Give it to a homeless person.. They will be very happy to take care of your change

• My credit union has a free coin machine, and it gets deposited into your account.