Why are people so mean towards Indians?

Why are people so mean towards Indians? I am one and I get treated like I am less than human I have been harrased for a racial steryotype which is not true for years now. Its gotten to the point where I cannot find a decent job. I was harrsed in highschool by students and teachersconstantly on a daily basis. Why do people believe I do not deserve any respect, why am I treated like less of a human being just because of where I come from? I have tried so hard to blend in but people still treat me like s***. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people are idiots. I felt the same, in a sense, as people looked at me and automatically assumed I was either a thug or an ex-con. Don't let them get you down and in the meantime, get the hell outta there. Moving from the city of my high school was the best decision I made as I actually found work! Probably best for you to do the same.

What Guys Said 15

• there are some real fucking assholes in this world. don't let them get you down, they are insignificant to the big picture.

• Huh? I thought it was only Indian men who get treated like crap around the world, and Indian women are actually respected and desired. Your seem to be an exception, though.

Maybe you're residing in some ultra-racist country/city.

• I was about to say the same thing. I have never experienced this but the opposite.

• because they get what they put into others,

for me, I've been backstabbed by them many times. friendly on the outside and stump on you when they get a chance.

men are also know to be obsessed with white girls and creep them out. always staring not having self awareness.

they are generally not people i consider quality or with morals, honor, and integrity.

no one just dislikes a group for no reason.

• American Indian or Indian from India? In either case, both tend to be mistreated. The former are often stereotyped as relics out of a John Wayne film while the latter are just mocked a lot. If it makes you feel any better, I have never had any problems with either type of Indian person.

• Damn, you have it bad!

People discriminate because they have a lower intelligence quotient and fear what they don't understand. Some are just bad.

• the one indian guy i knew i hated. he was my chemistry teacher in community college. he was an arrogant bastard who talked down on anyone who asked him a question

• I've never noticed Indians being treated like that in Australia. Maybe you should come here

• Because their culture supports rape?

• Where are you from? People don't like Indian guys but they do like Indian girls.

• Sorry to read it is like this for you! Is there also something positive to tell?

• Did you make a clock?

• I thought Indians were loved at least in my country^^

• Some did and I am sorry for it. Hurt people hurt people in an effort to boost their self worth. As you get older you will surround yourself with a better group of people. Best of luck to you.

• I dont mind Indians, when they are in India, but I strongly dislike when they come live in the West. We have our own culture in the West, and the Indians never bother to learn it which pisses me off. Whats worse is there are so many of them that even if 1 in 100 Indian people migrates to the west we are still looking at 14 million people coming to the West. That is way too many. 1 or 2 Indians I can deal with, but when I am walking through London and I feel like I am in Delhi cause there are so many Indians that really bothers me.

• Indian like, east, or indian like, native American

What Girls Said 1

• Not sure why but maybe you live in an area that is full with people who have bad experiences with Indians? How do you represent yourself?

I have never encountered this. Most Non Indian people seem to be kind to me. White, Black, Hispanic, Asians etc.. The funniest thing is I find that they treat me better than my own people.