Burn management tips?

I burned the pointer finger on my dominant hand lighting a candle this morning. It was charred black for a bit, but after showering and running it under cold water most of the black coloring has gone away. But it still friggin HURTS and especially hurts to use it.

Which is problematic. Because it's my dominant hand, and I'm a cashier / stocker.

So any tips to minimize the pain? When I touch it the spot I burned is pretty numb to it, like I don't feel things. But the internal pain is killer.

Most Helpful Guy

• And how the hell did you manage to do that?

• When I was lighting it my brain like didn't recognize immediately that I was burning my finger I guess until i was feeling extreme pain and then yah charred black and... well, extreme pain.

• I don't own any! And I wasn't gonna make a special trip to the store this morning just for one lol

• There should be one in every house o_o

Most Helpful Girl

• Coconut oil is an excellent source of skin-healing vitamin E and it also contains fatty acids that are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, which help keep your burn from becoming infected. If a scald has left a nasty mark on your skin, one home remedy suggests adding lemon juice to the coconut oil before massaging it into the mark. The acidic properties of lemon juice will help lighten the scar while the coconut oil helps it heal.

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe some parcetemol for the pain and since you are a cashier using your fingertips maybe a pad inside a plaster/bandage on finger.

• Just try as best you can to avoid touching it. You can use some burn ointment, but really just have to tough it out

• Yeah, its just hard cause it comes and goes in waves. So I think its fine and use it and then BAM excruciating, "I want to chop my finger off" pain.

• Yeah that sucks. That happens to me too when I'm cooking sometimes where I'll get burnt. I just out a little ointment on it and try and move on. Good luck

• So with your job and your finger you're in a bit of a... hot spot?
    [IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/bdt7ah.jpg[/IMG]

• Where a mitten

• Aloe is really really good for burns.

What Girls Said 2

• A rubber thimble? The kind used to count money?

ecx.images-amazon.com/.../51v691xlVML._SY300_.jpg

Otherwise just try and stop using it. I have a boo boo on my index finger too, it's really annoying!

• Not gonna buy something for an infrequent occurrence lol but yeah I guess I'll just have to figure out how to do physical labor minus a hand.

• Just thought it may prove useful since you are a cashier anyway...

• But hope it gets better anyway! :)

• Burned black? Wow, I've never heard of that. Should you go to the doctor?
    I mean, there is numbing cream and burn cream too. Treating it is top priority. I would at least call the doctor though.

• Nah I don't think its quite serious enough to need a doctor. As I said the black discoloring washed away after awhile.