Is it ok to wear sweatpants to the airport?

So I'm flying across the country to visit some family tomorrow morning. We have a two hour flight to Atlanta and then another six hour flight to California. So I figured I'd just wear my black jogger sweatpants and a hoodie and my converses. We leave at 2 am in the morning and it's usually cold on planes so I figured I'd dress warm and comfy. So is that weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• No other way to travel.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah comfort over fashion! Especially in the airport, no one will think of you differently.

What Guys Said 9

• it's not ok. it's illegal in some states. but when it's not, people will judge the shit out of you and think you're a tool... yes, it's sarcasm for you butt heads who want to downvote this answer.

• I wear sweats. Traveling is exhausting and if I'm going to be stuck in a small seat for a number of hours I'm going to be as comfortable as possible. When I'm at the airport -1000 shits are given about what people think of my attire.

• Yeah go right ahead!

• No its not. I've been at the airport a lot and i've seen all kinds of people. Even in costume (pink)

• I don't see why not. I once sat next to a woman in a giant bouffant skirt that was so big that when she sat down next to me it covered my legs as well as hers. I would've preferred she wore sweats

• Yes, it is,
    Thats perfectly fine

• Why wouldn't you? I'd say is completely fine

• Yes, of course it's ok, just go for it.

• Go for it.

What Girls Said 7

• nah, sweatpants are like the only acceptable attire for airports.

• Is this a serious question?
    People these days

• I wear them all the time and I don't get criticized for it, so it's probably safe hahaha

• no its not weird i would wear sweatpants to the airport ;)

• of course. why dress up for an airport unless you're at lax and you might run into a celebrity? lol

• I usually have that on, it's way more comfy and ya it's really cold in there

• It's not weird at all. Planes are uncomfortable so go and wear them sweats and be comfortable.