Isn’t it a hypocrisy to claim you love animals but eat meat?

I believe those who claim they love animals should be strictly vegetarians…..

• yes...
  • no...

Most Helpful Girl

• YES. That is hypocrisy 100%.
    That's why I'm a vegetarian.
    I'd never dare say I love animals if I ate meat. Anyone who loves animals would not support the cruel industry that is meat industry.

• You like cats right.
      Cats are known as Hyper-carnivores.
      I am not a hypocrite as my favorite animals are all carnivores.

• Thanks for the MHO

• By that logic, you probably hate fruits and vegetables. After all, they're alive and you're killing and eating them. You monster.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love most of the animals, and I'm a Vegetarian. I don't like insects, but I would never eat them.

• Thanks for the MHO

• Make sure you don't kill any plants and eat them.

• @stupiduglydude Plants are not conscious beings, they have no brain or heart, they have no nervous system, they don't bleed, therefore, you have no point.

What Girls Said 21

• If the person know how they are treated, especially pigs and battery chickens, yes. It's hard to believe a person cares about animal welfare if they willingly create the demand for gestation crate sows and battery chicken eggs. If a person doesn't know, the image is blurred, they don't know the full picture, so it's hard to judge. I stopped eating meat once I knew, and I can't say a person is a hypocrite if they naively think the animals are treated well or have nice lives up until they die.

• Lmao yes. We don't need meat to actually survive. You can find protein in beans, etc.
    But its like "No animal torture! I love animals, etc, etc" and then the people go and eat it. I mean ofc if it was for survival then its fine, but its not necessarily for that, its because meat is hella tasty ;^)
    I like animals but i'm not going to pick an animal over a human like some retards (sorry). And I don't like animal torture but I was raised to eat meat, I love meat, and I can sometimes be a hypocrite about it myself.

• I love animals. Just in different places.

Some in my backyard and some on my plate.

• I guess yes it kinda is, but I'm not against death or killing.
    As long the animals are treated fine, I don't see it so horrible. I don't support veal though, it's just cruel.

I know I can't eat an animal I've had as a pet, I don't know how farmers do it. If I ever owned a pet chicken, I'd never eat chicken again.

It may be hypocritical, but that isn't going to stop me from still being an animal rights activist. I still don't support fur or leather, I still am against factory farming, I still don't wear makeup or products that test on animals. I do love animals, but it's hard to fight nature seeing as humans can be omnivores.

• Yes, I think it is hypocrisy, but I don't love all of the animals, anyway, I'm thinking about becoming a vegetarian... at least partially.

• No because humans are biologically omnivores. Killing an animal in an humane manner and for luxury purposes is different than killing an animal for food, survival, and diet. You don't have to be vegetarian to love animals. Besides, plants are living things too, and so are bacteria which exist in almost everything we eat. Are you gonna say we are hurting them too? No, it's just an ecological cycle, fact of nature. Some people need to eat certain types of meat to get proteins which cannot be accessed in the same amounts in vegies.

The way we treat animals say a lot much more about our humanity than just whats on our plates. Some farms have no respect or care for them and will confine them and inject them with so many harmones its disgusting.

• When people say they love animals, I don't assume they love all animals...

• i love gardening and i love eating what i grow why is that not hypocritical?

• No! Hahaha

Dude, it's not that easy, how I would love to give on meat forever, but it's not easy.

• No. Its like those who say "if you understood why I was a vegan you'd be vegan too!" I loved Breaking Bad and understood why Walter White started cooking meth, but I have no desire/intention to buy an RV and start cooking meth.

• Nope. Not at all.
    Why and how?

I also love vegetables - and eat them. They're also alive...

• Lol i mean come onnnnn.!! Lol

• That's very true, interesting question since I'd consider myself an animal lover but eat meat, although the only meat I really eat is chicken

• Well you could also say that a vegetarian who claims to love animals may aswell be a vegan.

• it doesn't matter... both vegans/vegatarians don't eat meat anyway... right?

• not to mention the production of cow's milk requires a calf to be ripped away from its mother and made into veal, lol.

• Exactly my point. @Nuqood

• Nope, I love animals as pets and food. ヽ (゜∇゜) ノ

• I love plants yet I eat my greens.
    Is there really any diff?

• Yea... But how many vegetarians still kill spiders and stuff... so ya know...

• I love animals and do not eat meat.

• You can love animals and still eat them. That's like saying someone who loves gardening can never eat whatever they grow.

• Not meeeeaaaaattttttt

What Guys Said 28

• I'm just part of the food chain, and I'm naturally an omnivore like all humans. I love animals, I could certainly never hunt unless I was stuck in the wilderness fighting to survive, and I don't want to know about "how the sausage is made", literally and figuratively, when it comes to the meat I eat. I try to buy cage free eggs and grass fed meats, etc, partly for health and partly to support humane livestock raising.

Are there inconsistencies and hypocracies involved in that? Sure. But I never said I wasn't inconsistent and hypocritical. I accept and even embrace that. The rules don't always apply the same across the board or necessarily add up. I just do what I do as it suits me as long as I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes in doing so, and I'm totally comfortable with that.

• It depends on what each person considers love. I love my dog, I wouldn't eat him. That doesn't mean I have a problem eating a cow I never met.

• If they love *all* animals, then it's hypocritical. I don't really care about chickens or fish. Pigs... I'm sorta upset about eating pigs. But, I'm still going to eat them. Love. I love dogs. I love cats. I'd never eat dog or cats. And bunnies. I wouldn't eat bunnies. Unless I was going to die of starvation.

It is an odd feeling when you become conscious of it. Gnashing on bone and tearing through tissue and muscle. At times, I get queasy thinking about eating meat. But, that's only if I think about it, mostly. But, ultimately, I don't really care. I don't want animals to suffer needlessly, but my body is best served by a variety of different types of food. Fish and chicken are particularly healthy. Even if I could get everything via veggies and fruits, I am too selfish to deny myself the taste of meat. And my life is too much shit for me to deny myself it. I can love some animals, while loving the taste of others. Oh, that brings me to a point: they can love all animals, just in different ways. xD So, it's not technically hypocritical, because they could say "I love fishies. I love how they taste."

Star Trek replicators. Basically transforming energy into mass to create fake meat, so no animals have to die, be kept in poor conditions, or otherwise impacted negatively by humans. Star Trek has a lot of cool stuff like that, future goals for a moral or ethical society, down the line (like socialism). Godly invention, if we could ever do it. No more hunger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFTxBuzB2E

Ultimately, we are animals. We are rather humane about killing cows, at least. Somewhat. A lot more than in the wild, where they would be ripped to shreds and devoured while alive. Now, when you get into veal, where baby cows are chained so they can't ever move to make tender meat, that's something I wouldn't ever eat. Along with foie gra, which is made by shoving a shitload of fat down a ducks throat until it's ready to burst. Or something.

End of the day, pretty much everything humans do or say is hypocritical. Doesn't mean it's always wrong.

• If you truly love Animals and you're turning into a vegetarian, then you're also hypocritical!

Why are you stealing the Animals' plants and food if you love them so much?

• It's only hypocrisy if you eat animals you say you love.

I love cats and reptiles and amphibians and some cute mammals.

hence, I don't eat any cat, reptile, amphibians, or cute mammals.

Like, I really don't like chickens or cows or fish. So, I eat them. :D

• yeah correct... someone cannnot love ALL animals...

• I think I used to be the biggest hypocrite of them all. I used to be vegetarian claiming that I did it for animals, but yet I still wore leather and used products tested on animals lmao. So that's why I'm no longer a vegetarian because I realized I never gave a shit about animals and I only wanted to look like a good person. Oops.

• To a certain extent, yes. However, as a man can love multiple women at the same time and women can multitask, it is quite possible to have a loving pet dog and munch on the delicious porky.

I used to have a pet bird. I liked him a lot. One day, a chef taught me how to work on a chicken. I can't remember much but there was blood, throat slit, hanging by the legs, boiling water and feather stripping. Now whenevet I see a bird, I can see it becomong very delicious grilled or BBQ or maybe steamed. I still like my bird.

Also work with pork and beef. They are like walking delious.

• No, it's not hypocrisy.

Me bringing down a 300 pound buck that had a chance of dying anyway in the wild doesn't mean I detest that animal, it just means that I'm hungry and I need summat to eat. You can get into all the ethics around how I'm arrogant for selecting the inherent value of an animal (seeing dogs as pets and deer as nothing but food), but realistically the only reason I'm killing deer is because they are big animals and just 1 can provide enough meat to last me half of a year.

I don't support CAFOs, I don't support animal cruelty, I don't support people kidnapping and cooking people's pets (yes, it happens), and I don't support animal testing one bit. All that said, I am still an omnivore, and I still need meat in my diet. I don't care that you can still live on a vegetarian/vegan diet, I don't feel like being 105lbs and having to consume 400lbs of foliage and my weight in supplements just because summat otherwise had to die to sustain my life.

I love animals; I feel sad every single time I have to kill, gut, and skin a deer. I also appreciate its sacrifice and make sure that it suffered as little as possible by only taking a shot if I know I'll hit its heart and lungs.

• How so? I love cows, they taste amazing.

• I love animals, but I love how they taste even more... sue me

• I really like cats and dogs. I just had a random cat come up to me and pretty much beg me to pet it. None the less I like eating meat. And yes I'm fully able to separate the two.

• I love animals enough to realize that they are not the same as humans and therefore not entitled to the same rights. But by that same token, I love them enough to care about where my meat comes from through hunting as much as I possibly can in CA to be sure that it is humane, and through purchasing it only from companies that treat their livestock well.

• I never claimed to love animals so no hypocrisy here 😊

• Yes, if they know how the animals are treated. I'm a vegetarian.

• I live all animals... Except cows pigs chickens and turkies

• I love pets. I treat my pets fairly. Does that mean I love animals? If I treat my dogs like they were part of the family?

I wonder when other omnivorous and carnivorous animals eat meat if other members of their species spew "you hate animals!" at them, in their animal languages..

I bet they don't care. I don't think you should either.

• There is really a mental dissonance and maybe even hypocrisy there.
    Especially with people who wouldn't eat cats or dogs.
    However, I'm totally okay with that being there.
    I'm fine with saying, "A pig can be eaten, a cat cannot."
    Do I WANT animals to suffer before being slaughtered? Of course not.
    Is it going to stop my consumption of them?
    Nah.

• I love animals and I own 6 of them. But humans r omnivores and protein is part of our diet. And think of how little an impact I'd have if I stopped eating meat. I love meat. The already dead animals I cannot help.

• protein can be found in other non-meat foods... no?

• Well yes but not in as large amounts, not to mention meat is delicious. I may not like it in the long run but I love meat and that's probably not gonna change

• I think you can do both, although I'll admit that it seems inconsistent on the surface.

• Just because I love dogs and kinda like cats doesn't mean I can't eat chicken.

• Do you think a lion goes like "aww this gazelle is so sweet, I won't eat her" NO! He eats her to survive xD

• i guess humans differ from other animals...

• I love my cats and they love meat

• Nah its natural to eat animals other animals do it all the time. As long as people aren't wiping out species it's cool to eat them

• About as much as it is to claim to love nature and eat vegetables.

• Yeah I love animals but still love to eat them.

• 0|0
  • I love them so much that I make them part of me. Fuck you.

• I love animals but I only eat kosher meats. They're prepared a certain way. I'm jewish

• That downvote is retarded.

• "I bet it was the qa, he asked, I have my answer, probably anti semitic"

^upvote so i can prove u wrong...

• Ah, I stand corrected