How much money do you spend for NY?

My cousin came to lebanon (she studies abroad) and I wanted to do smthng with her.
She wants to go to a party where the entrance fee is 100$ -_-
I say it s too much no? like even if it s NY...

guys NY= New Year for me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• $100 isn't that outrageous for NYE (New Years Eve in the states)... i've seen worse. i've seen slightly less. It's hard to go out new years and not spend a ton of money because most places know it's a true event and they will most likely be packed.

So $100 isn't terrible i mean it's expensive but not out of the ordinary. is there an open bar (as in free with the cover charge)? or at least a midnight champagne toast?

• me personally i tend to go to parties with friends at someone's house where there is no charge.

• well maybe go for it. it can be fun. i've gone out on NYE to a big party and had some fun. and $100 is reasonable for the day... I'd just take full advantage of that open bar.

• bahahah trust me I will ;)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Lol you confused everyone with that NY :P
    Uhh I wouldn't spend $100 just to get into a club or party :o and that's not even covering drinks

• yea I know :P
      no I guess we get a bottle and appetizers

• who wouldn t :P
      coming from you cutie^^

• Lol you're just full of compliments gorgeous <3

• almost nothing. I'll go with some friends, we will be either at their house or a rented place where we only have to pay a deposit. So it will only be for food, drinks and fuel.

$100 is a lot... with a price like that the drinks will be probably expensive too. just entrence fee I probably wouldn't even pay half. maybe 20-30... but not 100 lol

• but maybe I have the wrong expectations... I go never to closed parties like that for NYE

• no it includes open bar and food (like starters)

• Ohh "New Years!" Well let me delete this whole paragraph here...
    Yeah too much
    lol nah I don't know but if they charging $100 parking better be free

• woupss sry man :(
      it isn t hahaha

• lol kidding we not letting New York get away with bs that either
      They better be serving up steaks and lobsters

• NYC, LA, SF ate so expensive you guys soooo expensive to just live

• That is a pretty high fee but that depends a lot on the quality of the establishment.
    I've gone to decent parties/clubs for $20-50

It's New Years!
    Let loose Princess!

• 100 dollars is fine. Its a little expensive if its just entrance. But spending 200-300 on new years is not uncommon. What kinda places charge 100 over there?

• no it includes open bar +food+goodies
      it is a club venue

• Oh i see, with all that its worth it I think. i wouldn't feel 100 is a lot for all that

• yea I see, it just sounds a bit much for me since I usually stay in a friend s place and don t usually have to spend that much :)

• if you think that's bad, wait until you see how much they pay for rent. New York is graveyard of dreams and aspirations of upward social mobility, and you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

• yes and so I ve heard :/
      but I am not working yet for me to pay as such you know?
      like taking 100$ from my parents to a party I know wouldn t be any more special than the rest.
      anw if you want smthng decent in lebanon that s the average pay or else it would be in someone s house.

• by the way you got me wrong :P
      I thought you lived in NY
      I am talking about new year
      oupsss

• oohhhh lmao. shit. Well i don't spend much on new year. Leading up to new years day though, I'll go out to the movies a few times with friends, maybe a dinner or two. im sure i spend close to $100 in that regard

• I don't celebrate New Years.

I figure "Same shit, different year".

• I think it is too much

• We went all out for the 2000 party but ever since then, we've kept it relatively low key

• I went to Lebanon, it is a nice place as far as I can remember.

May I ask you which party are you attending to the price of 100 bucks?

• ow cool where are you from? and where have you been in Lebanon?
      it is in a club called the grand factory

• no it was helpful, thanks for sharing ^^
      I am glad you had a nice experience here. it s a fresh air than the usual bad presumptions people have of us:)

• I'm glad to read that :)

What Girls Said 3

• Oh Don't even get me started! Just to go through the state and part of the area in NY is expensive!

• Woah I think it's too much as-well for a party entrance 😳!

• it turned out 120 by the way.
      mais y a open bar et des apeteritifs aussi donc je crois que ca va

• That's way too much for an entry fee. I would never spend that much money. Its not worth it.