I've asked many questions like this, like how often do you get complimented, mainly for appearance.
And from what I've taken, is that most men would like to be complimented and even cat called. Also, that many would ONLY want this attention from those who were genuinely interested in developing something of it, no compliments "just because". So if we're not interested in taking or giving their numbers either for sex, a relationship, or whatever, that it's best to say nothing at all.
Which is frustrating to hear because when we complain about men cat calling or going out of their way to even just compliment women, especially strangers, many men claim that most of it is innocent or without ulterior motives. But that's a different rant for another time.
Would you, men or women, like to be complimented more? Only if they're genuinely interested or just to brighten your day?
- I'd like if women complimented and cat called more, only if they were genuinely interested.0% (0)46% (12)38% (12)Vote
- I'd like if women complimented more, not cat called, but only if genuinely interested.33% (2)15% (4)19% (6)Vote
- I'd like if women complimented more, even if they weren't interested in a relationship (FWB, ONS, bf/gf, etc.)0% (0)15% (4)12% (4)Vote
- I don't want want women to compliment nor cat call.17% (1)12% (3)12% (4)Vote
- I don't care either way.50% (3)12% (3)19% (6)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I've always said, "my biggest complaint about women is that they don't treat me ENOUGH like a piece of meat." I always see those videos of women taping themselves just walking through the city getting cat called and hit on, and while I respect and understand that most women don't like it, as a guy, that would be the best day of my life to get that kind of female attention for my physical appearance. Like that's what I WANT to be complimented on, haha. There are two girls at a Walmart I go to for my job who always make a big deal when I show up there, like "woooo! It's the cutie from (my company)! How you doing, handsome?" These chicks aren't really attractive to me at all, but confidence is on a hundred billion when I leave, haha. Having girls make a big deal about your looks is the dream. It must just be a supply and demand thing, haha, it's funny how much of a disconnect there is between genders.3
- Show AllShow Less