Is marriage really necessary for 2 people who love each other?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Strange question. I'm trying hard to understand so that I can answer but it is almost like a trick. question. Is it?

• Lol it could be a trick question. Answer it how ever you want.

• Thank you so much my friend. MHO always looks good on the resume. :)

• Your very welcome.☺

What Girls Said 11

• It's not always necessary, no. Lots of people have long relationships without marriage and lots of people have no desire to get married. But it's a personal decision. It's the same way children aren't necessary for 2 people who love each other, really, but for some people it's so important that they refuse to go without.

• Yes its necessary. If you say you love somebody and you don't marry them then there is something wrong with your understanding of love.

• Not really. The custom is just a legally binding ritual that shows the world that two people are committed for life. You don't have to go through with it.

• For me yes, it is.

• I think so! I least celebrate alone if you must!

• No but it has a lot of financial benefits. Tax benefits are one of the main benefits of getting married. It also offers protections if you two separate

• No but it is necessary for society

• This is polemic

I think it is necessary for people that believe in marriage

• Yes, your relationship will become legal too :)

• No. I know couples that have been together for years and years without being married.

• Then what for make a vow by the beach and spend money for the set up.

What Guys Said 10

• I would hope not. I dunno, haven't had a girlfriend so of course I would like that but marriage is not something I'm looking forward to. So much could go wrong...

• Not at all. Marriage is society's way of ensuring responsibilities are in place and fulfilled :)

• For some it's essential, other feel they can do without.

• Marriage doesn't mean anything. The only difference between relationships and marriage is that when you're dating, not necessarily Uncle Sam knows about it. But, when you're married, you tell Uncle Sam about it and if you're a male, Uncle Sam will make sure you get effed in divorce court.

• Lol the female can get screwed in court to if she has more money then her spouse. Who ever has the most money gets screwed in a divorce.

• Yeah, but in the vast majority of cases the males have more money and they get screwed. 97% of the time it's the males that end up paying alimony and such... of course the law can't state "males blah blah blah..." they'll have to sugar coat it somehow.

• Yeah, it is.

• To be fair to each other, yes.

• To prove their love? Not at all

• Marriage is optional. It's some thing you do to prove your love to one another or something like that.

• yes first you know you're hers and she's yours and there is no second thought given from both sides , also as all religions state marriage is essential

• No it is not. Everything you get from marriage you can get in a BF/GF relationship.