Leaving 2015: more regrets or more accomplishments?

Which one ranks higher for you?

Or are they about equal?

• I have more regrets than I do accomplishments (i. e. I didn't take enough chances)
  • I have more accomplishments than I do regrets (i. e. I took all the right chances)
  • It's 50/50 (i. e. some chances turned out to be regrets, some turned out good)

Most Helpful Guy

• I did what i always wanted to do this year since i was 14 i. Wanted to leave my country to study and live alone, 10 years later i finally did it im so proud of myself, i invited my sister she never traveled outside our country, we are both living a dream enjoying a free time away from it all, i regret many things, but its equal since i finally made it!!

Most Helpful Girl

Well its emotional accomplishment... I am grow up you guys into a beautiful young lady! (:

What Guys Said 15

• 1. On January 3, 2015 I separated from my wife of 4 years and moved into an apartment. She had lied to me about her feelings for me and her idea of commitment to our relationship. Actually, despite her lofty words to the contrary, I was a low priority in her life and that left me with a very empty feeling.

2. On February 13, I traveled to spend Valentine's Day weekend with a former girlfriend. The weekend was pleasant but no sparks ignited and no relationship was rekindled.

3. On February 27, 2015, the mock trial team that I coached won their competition and my protege gave the best closing argument I have ever observed from a high school student.

4. On March 3,, 2015, my divorce was final.

5. I started online dating and had a series of first dates with approximately 8 women who were good women but who were not contenders for a role in my life.

6. I dated one woman for about 6 weeks. Initially, I felt a spark for her but it faded fairly quickly. While dating her, I learned that she had a history of several arrests for prostitution and DUIs, but that life was in her past. I did not stop dating her for those reasons; she had a problem finding time in her life for me.

7. On April 10, 2015, I discovered G@G and began contributing. Since I have no children or grandchildren, it gives me another opportunity to interact with young people and offer advice and encouragement. It has been a great addition to my life.

8. I reconciled a strained relationship with my sister. I forgave her for past wrongs/perceived wrongs and resumed a normal sibling relationship with her.

9. On May 30, 2015, I met my current girlfriend. She embodies about 90% of all the ideal standards I have for a prospective mate. That is a very high percentage. She is not a "perfect" match, but I do not know that a "perfect" match exists.

10. I have continued to rededicate myself to making a daily effort to be a better person and to be true to my ideals.

11. Sometime in the fall of this year, I realized that I had fallen in love with my girlfriend. I am not in a rush to remarry or live together, but loving someone and feeling loved feels so very wonderful!

The year began with unpleasantness but it has continued to improve and Christmas 2015 contains far more joy that I ever anticipated. Thanks to all the G@Gers who helped to make this year a success for me!

• In last few years I had a lot of side issues so I had to sort them out.
    (1) 2016 is going to be a different world for me workwise so I have to prepare for that - Was I successful, ask me in 12 months
    (2) In general my aim is just to be a good guy so try to stay on that path - As I said last 3/4 years were not normal for me and I had to prepare for a normal 2016
    (3) A bit GaG related, I felt at the start I wasn't being the best reflection of myself so I said to myself tone it down and actually be open to everyone, understanding of them and if I can be helpful to them. By doing this it gives me a satisfaction so in turn helps me.
    (4) With all the changes coming I withdrew into myself to prepare for a different 2016 so I don't think any achievements or regrets could be measured. As I mentioned earlier on 2015/2016 is probably a two year plan so I will know in 12 months time how successful I was.
    I had a quick flick through the answers I am sorry things didn't work out with guy but glad you feel year was more positive than negative. I won't go on and on but just keep reminding you I think that you seem a lovely young woman with a lot to offer and a lot to be proud of. Hope 2016 treats you well.

• Regrets I sucked this year.

• Literally about the same. On the positive side, I finally started college after a long delay due to moving, and excelled during my first semester. I also asked a girl out for the first time, which was a huge stepping stone for me to overcome my shyness. I also got a car. On the negative side of things, I still have a lot of work to go as far as it comes to girls, I'm wrestling a lot with self esteem issues and inner conflict, and I need to find a new job as I got laid off.

• I don't have a ton of accomplishments, nor do I have a lot of regrets.
    Graduated HS, had a good freshman semester, got my knee fixed and back in working condition.
    I could have worked a lot harder in my last year of high school, I wish I'd told the girl I liked that I liked her, but that's about it for the regrets.
    Nothing major has really happened.
    I'm good I guess.

• Probably a 75-25 accomplishment-to-regret ratio

• After over 3yrs of working dead end jobs, I finally saved enough to go back to college and finish. 2015 was mostly spent studying and reading endless chapters. I'll graduate in the spring and can't wait to see what's next.

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B89u7EkIYAMd-B4.jpg
    I hate the person I've become...

• I didn't have many chances tbh. And for the ones I did I took. I got better with da ladies :D I got better at math, writing, tolerance, 2015 was a year of growth for me. While it was shitty for everyone, I feel like we all did some sort of growing.

• 50/50

//////////////////////////////////

• I can't wait for 2015 to end already.
    It's been a shitty year

• oooh yesss I regret a few things

• So awful i wish i did not see this Question...
    Been to counselling, Anxiety over everything, Grandma died on my birthday, family falling apart, was too shy for some things...

I will not let 2016 be like this

• Well 2015 was my best academic year ever so far and I started going to the gym. But I still regret a whole lot of shit.

• I regret not talking to this one chick. I regret not getting my degree sooner. Those are the big ones. I think my accomplishments outweigh them though. Some of my accomplishments aren't so much material as they are mental.

What about you?

• I regret talking to someone from this website and developing a friendship with him, because ultimately in the end he hurt me and fueled my abandonment issues.

But I also did things I wanted to do. I went back to Austin, I properly started saving money up, I broke out of my shell a little bit more.

So even though the one regret is pretty monumental, or so it feels at this point in time, I'd say I'm closing out 2015 with more accomplishments than regrets.

• If it's who I think it is when I used to be more prevalent on here me and him butted heads. Not a lot though because a lot of times we wouldn't pay each other any mind. I don't hate or even dislike him, but like me his ego is just a liiiiittle too big. But hey there are other people on here to befriend.

If it's the other guy then from what I saw he was a good dude. Why he "abandoned" you and the Asian is beyond me. I have no idea, but again... there are other people to befriend here. I went ghost myself but then again I only heavily talked to three people. One deactivated. One I still talk to. The other she hardly ever gets on here and we aren't "like that." I like the advice she gives, but she's not really into GAG like that.

Hmm yeah the introverted. I understand. I won't say I "broke out my shell", but I have a renewed confidence in myself.. though that started after HS.

That's good, Jamie.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm in a way better place, mentally and physically, than I was this time last year. It isn't really quantifiable, and I'm not where I want to be, but just... thinking back on how much I was able to change... it makes me really happy. :) I have regrets, but mostly accomplishments!

• I wouldn't say regrets since everything I went through will make me learn lessons, but it's by far one of the most years I had, the worst actually... So I'm not sad to say BYE :p

• There are some things I screwed up on. But I'm so happy, that it's all a positive in some way.

• 2015 by far has been the worst year
    -emotional turmoil
    -financial difficulty
    -falling out of love unexpectedly
    -falling out of a friendship unexpectedly
    -grandma hospitalized

*ugh*

I can't wait for 2016!

• If regrets had a repeat button I would be pressing it NON STOP.
    (Notice the rhetoric)

• 2015 has been a year of regrets and mistakes