What do you do when your boyfriend cries in front of you?

My boyfriend cried after we had sex. He said it hurt really bad now he's scared of me. I didn't mean to hurt him I was trying to be gentle. I told him that but he's too upset to listen. He wants me to leave him alone but I don't want to. I hate seeing him upset I wanna help him feel better. He's in bed right now he's trying to sleep. How can I comfort him?

What Girls Said 2

• this tough. i think sex can hurt despite best intentions. he really should feel comfortable asking you to stop. i dont think yo guys can have trust unless there's a security that trying and saying no are acceptable. did you know it was hurting in the moment? maybe try to be more aware of his experience.,

• i dont think the issue is crying as there are many reasons to cry. but in this context he probably feels a mixture of shame resent, went and wanting to be held. so.. you should probably try holding him but if he pushes you away give him space than try again later.

• Give him a long hug. Just hold him without doing anything else

What Guys Said 1

• You should leave him. You can do much better.