Is it homophobic I feel awkward when I see gay kisses on TV?

It's not that I see anything wrong with it, it just makes me slightly uncomfortable. I've never watched Brokeback mountain, and never will. I just don't feel like it's for me... Is it homophobic?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't say it's homophobic. Feeling uncomfortable is a natural feeling that one can't really help. It's not like you're coming from a mean place (I think), since you don't actually see anything wrong with gay people kissing.

I think you'd only be considered homophobic if you actually were genuinely disgusted with gay people in general, and voiced it out loud and stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• You talking like it's wrong to be homophobic. If those guys can be homosexuals and not be harassed about it, why the fuck should you feel bad about it or be harassed about it?

Who are these people to give you a hard time because of what you feel and believe? It's fucking hypocritical because they're allowing the same freedom to these gays.

Never be ashamed to tell people what you truly feel about something and if it make you uncomfortable because you cannot control how you feel.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know about homophobic, but it's not a good situation. Why is it uncomfortable for two people to kiss?

What Guys Said 6

• You are entitled to your feelings just as they are. It's not homophobic. I feel awkward too. Cringey

• Meh... I wouldn't say it's homophobic. I mean it doesn't bother me but like hey if I'm bothered by my sister kissing my mom on the lips, then that's also weird.

• I don't know who cares💁🏻

• You have the awkward feelings because your gender identity is 100% male and our PC society has made it a crime to have any opposition to something that any non mainstream group may feel alienated. As the saying goes.. To thyn own self be true.

• no, its how you feel... thats not homophobic.

• Not if you're just slightly uncomfortable. If you scream and run out of the room it might be.