Is having a daughter a lot harder then having a son?

If she turns out right, everything is great!
But if she turns out wrong, then she would be a constant source of dissapointment, heartbreak, and shame.
Even if a boy could turn out bad too, would having a girl make it harder?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

Most Helpful Girl

• If we compare my brother and I, it was probably a lot more easy to raise me in the long run. I used to be quite hot-headed as a child but that only lasted a few years. Once school started I was pretty calm. My brother wasn't as hot-headed but he has been a very problematic teen and young adult. He's very into gaming so he would stay up all night and scream at his teammates, leaving my mother and I sleepless for maaany nights. Screaming back at him or even crying didn't help. If we shut off the internet, he would only be at it again the next night. He's also quite a party animal. He has gotten in so much trouble when partying. Broken his nose. Gotten completely wasted and puked everywhere in his room. Brought girls home in the middle of the night without mom's permission (I caught him though 😊). Life was hell when he still lived at home between the ages of like 14 and 21. He has grown up a little now but has still been irresponsible at times, such as cheated on his girlfriend. Luckily they ended things shortly after that and she didn't have to go through that heartbreak since he never told her.
    And me? I don't drink, I don't smoke. I party like once or twice a year. I'm good in school, currently studying to become a web designer/coder. I'm very calm and quiet. I'm only hot-headed when people do me wrong. I never rebelled as a teen. I haven't gone through much boy problems except for one idiot, but we never even dated really and I think I handled it pretty well. I've never had a boyfriend, never brought home strange guys. Compared to my brother, handling me has been a breeze for my parents.

• Yeah i mentioned women like you, the ones who turn out right :) :P

• Nature vs nuture
      And the crowds they interact with can be luck to a large degree.

• Not really, if you raise them well, then they'll try their best to stay away from bad crowds. Nobody just "ends up" in a bad crowd, usually that's a decision they make on their own and depending on how you raised them, they might refrain from joining such people.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• "if she turns out wrong, then she would be a constant source of dissapointment, heartbreak, and shame."

Isn't that all children? Are boys incapable of being "a constant source of dissapointment, heartbreak, and shame"?

• why would she be a source of shame compared to a boy?

• Kinda what i'm asking.

• well yes, but what made you assume it 'could' be worse in the first place.. what are you thinking of when you think f shame and disappointment? im curious, thats all.

• I think of a whore, a c-dumster, drug addict, and all around dysfunctional human being. either one or all of these things, thats a few examples.

• I rather have a son!

• Are you trying to imply something with this question? I don't see how it would be somehow more difficult to have a daughter. Yes, it has different challenges, but that doesn't make it 'worse'.

• Nope.

It's equally challenging, just different challenges.

• well... what's your definition of right?

• yeah, i have two older brothers and my parents always said it was more hard do raise a girl, and im not even a problematic person... i would prefer to have a son, or two

• I don't think so. My niece will be 18 soon and she is awesome. She has always been fun to hang out with no matter what age. My son is the same, he's 12 so I can't complain either way.

• I think you can only teach them what you been taught, morals, respect, etc; but You can only do/teach them so much when they're small and is really their choice on how and who they choose to be.
    Both genders can be tough in their teen years,
    But if I had to choose I'd say the girl can bring up more challenge, we go through all this mood swings, we take everything so personal and we get so emotional not to mention when we having issues. Guys are a little more tough I'm no going to say they have it easy but then not having to deal with all this hormones changes is a lot!

What Guys Said 5

• They both provide different challenges so one being easier to raise than the other depends on what type of person YOU are.

• Someone's gonna have to pay for the wedding... That money's got to come from somewhere. Must be difficult life having so many daughters.

• I think it's just more stressful because you need to be wary of her getting abducted, taken to the forest, raped, killed and then left for dead. That typically happens to guys a bit less often.

• But what if your son turns out to be the one doing the abducting, raping and murdering?

• Yeah but in my opinion I, as a parent, wouldn't want either scenario.

• @lumos I'd be more angry at people in general if the female scenario happened.

I'd be angry at myself and hypothetical son if the male scenario happened.

• Definetly! No matter how good you educate her. She can always get pregnant, meet the wrong guys, she can't protect herself and girls cost a lot more money then guys do! We don't need make up, tampons and all that

• Nah I don't think so. I think both can be just as difficult. I want at least a boy and a girl too XD