What the hell are mind games?

SeriouslyI've heard people talk of them but I know what my girlfriend is telling me,
Is it like just people being sexist or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's when people mess with your mind. Like show interest, then all the sudden stop, then start again. You don't know what to think.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's behavior that is intentionally confusing or misleading. Such as playing hard to get, or pretending to be with someone to make someone else jealous.

What Girls Said 3

• mind games are when people tell you they care for you and some times act like it but don't, or they tell you that they will be there for you then they always have some kind of excuse but they make you think that they really were going to be there but in reality they never planned to be there in the first place, or they some times tell you that you have to do this and that for them and they will do this and that for you because they like you but after you do everything for them they leave you high and dry because they never liked you... those are mind games!

• Mind game sucks!

• It can be leading people on or making them insecure. Some people have a game where they tear down their partner with criticism and judgement and say nobody else would want them. It usually starts subtly and by the time the other person starts to realize, their perception is so skewed they don't know fact from fiction. It's a power thing.

My father was a master and after some introspective years, admitted he did those kinds of things because he wanted control.

What Guys Said 1

• here's a perfect example.. I had this girlfriend a while ago, at like 10 every nite, she would say you should come over right now... By 10.20, she would say no dont, nvm... Ya. Never figured that one out