Should it affect my self esteem that I was a mistake?

My "parents" weren't trying to have kids at the time...

Lack of proper birth control methods...

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude you're over 25 move on... they didn't give you for adoption so you weren't a mistake.😒😒

• They got divorced when I was 9 months old...

I barely saw my dad until I was 15...

• I really can't comment since you said you hate both of your parents and I can't say anything else but happy holidays 🎄🎁

• I don't hate my dad...

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you're unplanned doesn't mean you're a mistake! Yes there are a lot of people who don't plan on becoming parents but do but just because they weren't trying to conceive at the time doesn't mean that the child was a mistake.

If you were raised in a loving household with both of your parents then I don't think you have any grounds to feel the way you do. It's the children of single Mothers and Fathers that have been abandoned by their other parents and by both parents that I feel sorry because those children are being punished for something not of their own doing.

• I was not raised with good parents...

My dad left and my mom is a psycho...

• I'm sorry to hear that! I was raised in a single parent household and my dad told me aged 11 that he wish he waited longer before having his first child (I am his first child) but I am fortunate enough to have had a good Mother that went to hell and back to provide for me and I owe her so much. I feel for you bro! I hope one day that you can find the peace you need.

• I doubt I will ever find peace...

What Girls Said 1

• Well my mom told me she wanted to abort me so I kinda feel you. It makes me feel bad sometimes but I drink.

What Guys Said 3

• The greatest thing in life are there by mistake. I believe things like Coca Cola and penicillin or both created by mistake. But they both give joy to so many people all around the world.

It is not important how you got her. What is important is that you are here and what you do with that blessing.

• Your parents are complete pieces of garbage for letting you know you were a mistake.

Or do they use terms like surprise and accident. Because that's different.

• They didn't say it...

But yea they suck...

• Maybe you could fuck your mom.

• That was original...

• Not at all... i was also a mistake... my goal was to always prove that I was the best mistake they ever made!