Would you let your boyfriend or girlfriend go through your phone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have anything to hide but I'd still prefer it if it wasn't necessary

• Would you prefer if the secretly took your phone went through it then put it back without you ever knowing?

• @KENKONG that would be showing that the other person doesn't trust you. They gotta ask, ya

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I have nothing to hide! But I don't have a girlfriend, so this is just a hypothetical answer! :p

What Girls Said 30

• No. Even if I had nothing to hide, I wouldn't let him. Why? Because he doesn't trust me. The moment he asks permission to go through my phone is the moment I'll have a serious talk about our relationship, his trust issues and the possibility of us breaking up. If he wants to let his insecurities take over the relationship and drive it off a cliff, then so be it. But I won't play these games and I won't feed his insecurities by letting them take my phone from me. That won't make anything better, even if he doesn't find anything. He would probably just accuse me of deleting everything so what's the point? Either he needs to grow up and start trusting me, or we need to break up.

• I would. I wouldn't be pleased because my phone is my personal property but I don't have anything to hide. If he wants to look then he can. I'm sure he'll be very interested in my conversations with my mother, father, siblings, him, and his mom :p

Scandalous!

I'd be offended if he asked because that would mean he didn't trust me. And I'd feel cornered. I have an unfortunate character flaw to shut people out when I feel offended. So instead of smoothing over his concerns I'd shut him out, lock down, and make it worse haha just on the principle that he offended me.

• My boyfriend and I are very open when it comes to our technology. We use each other's stuff. We don't snoop on each other or anything, like if he has a message and he's sleeping I'll look and answer it for him because it's most likely his parents and he'll text for me while I'm driving, but that's really all. We trust each other and allow one another our privacy.

• I have nothing to hide but no I wouldn't. I've never did anything to give my boyfriend a reason not to trust me so I would feel really hurt if he asked to do that.

• Yes, I have nothing to hide. I have kept very distant friendships with 2 of my exes, I can't explain it. However, any time I have any contact with either of them I tell my boyfriend out of respect for him. He tells me its not necessary but I'd rather it be out there than him finding out 6 months from now and possibly feeling insecure. If either of them calls me I don't need to run to another room because I have nothing to hide from him.

• NO! They are gonna look through all my selfies haha!

• Yeah i would, i have nothing to hide.

• yea sure, nothing special there. if he wants to look through my facebook he can but i wouldn't give my passwords out to anyone

• Yea i dont mind.. i dont have secrets from him and nothing to hide!

• Yes because it proves that you have nothing to hide

• I'd let him, but I'd question why he'd want to do it and if he really trusted me as much as he says he does. :T

• I'd rather not, just because i've one or two pics on there of me early in my transition and don't want them to see me like that.

• Yeah but it would kinda irritate me if he felt the need to

• No boyfriend , but I wouldn't mind it.

• If he insists.. Which he wouldn't.
    Personal space is important in a relationship.

• Yes. I have nothing to hide, and I don't want to have anything to hide. You should be able to share anything with your significant other.

• I have nothing to hide

• i probably wouldn't mind i just wouldn't want him looking at my many failed selfies XD

• if I had one yes sure

• No waaaay! I have too many ugly selfies on my phone😅

• Yea course. I have nothing to hide

• Yes I would

• Sure. I have nothing to hide really.

• Go for it. He can see all of my pictures of outfits I send to friends to get opinions.

• Yes because I have nothing to hide

• If I had a boyfriend I would let him use my phone to make calls but that is it

• Yes have at it

• Yeah, I would.

• Sure, nothing on there that I am ashamed to share.

• I'm a very nosy person so I have no problem looking through my boyfriend's phone when the opportunity presents itself, lol :P Yes, I understand it's an invasion of privacy but I'm always curious about what I'll find. I don't think he'd ever cheat on me but I just think a person's phone reveals a lot about them. That being said, I also wouldn't mind if he wants to browse through my phone and take a looksee :) Honestly I have nothing to hide & he really doesn't mind when I go through his phone to see what he's been up to :) If he had a serious problem with it then I'd respect his wishes and stop :) But I really don't think that boyfriends and girlfriends should do that to each other unless they're both comfortable with the idea :) Interesting question!

What Guys Said 16

• I would hate knowing that my girlfriend did not trust me enough and that she felt the need to look for evidence of some supposed infidelity. I would probably agree to let her do it because I know I am innocent. (I had an ex-girlfriend try to call me recently; I didn't answer when she called, I told my girlfriend about the attempted contact, and she told me to feel free to call the ex.)

Once my girlfriend searched my phone, I would probably never think that she trusted me completely and, eventually, that would lead to the end of the relationship. I refuse to be in a relationship where I am mistrusted without justification.

• Hell no because I'm not a child. If she lacks trust in me then why is she even with me? Just break up with me if you don't see me as a trustworthy partner. Shit I've never cheated nor do I ever want to cheat. If I'm with someone it's because I legitimately want to be with them. If I didn't want to be with that person I'd leave them. Plain and simple.

• She can go through it. It sends a message loud and clear she doesn't trust me and has trust issues though.

• If they wanna ruin their own day then fine ahah (joking)

Yeah she'd fine nothing at all apart from a few weired sexual pictures

• God no. The things I have on that phone... dark dark secrets. If I go into a relationship I should probably burn it and get a new one.

• Of course.

• Why not? I delete all of my old messages anyway due to OCD, not that I have anything to hide though. All she would find is a bunch of half-written short stories in my notes and maybe the bikini pic of a particular celebrity at the worst.

• Are you nuts? Do you want to get yourself killed? Sometimes women show up and you didn't even do anything. Do you really want to lose your relationship?

• Absolutely not.

I have nothing of my own to hide, but many people tell me their secrets, and I'm not going to break their trust.

• I don't have a girlfriend but if I had then yes I git no problem everyone go through my phone 😂😂😂😂

• Yep sure
    warning: capoeira content

• Only if she doesn't reset my high scores

• Yes I would I have nothing to hide...

• No that's an evasion of privacy.

• No I wouldn"t. I also have nothing to hide.

• She does just about every day