Do you think it's good to forgive but never forget?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I think so.

When you forgive it means you accept what cannot be changed.
    Although the hurt may still be there, it means you have come to terms with what happened and you are willing to move forward.

You should never forget because when you do you are not allowing yourself to learn from your mistake or past experiences.

"I will forgive but not forget".

You allow yourself not to repeat the same mistakes.
    This contributes to your growth.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, I am this way. It's important to forgive and release that negative energy I think. But good luck becoming my friend again, I think it's important to exercise self-care and protect yourself too.

What Girls Said 10

• Definitely... You forgive to be able to continue living without carrying any hate or lots of pain with us but we must forget, coz if we forget we won't ever learn anything from our past experiences, that's why its so important not to always forget, especially the moments that really broke you down

• Yes its good!

• I don't think it's possible to forget unless if you get amnesia. I mean, you can forgive but you will still hold that memory. So yes.

As long as the memory doesn't stir up old feelings, because you haven't truly forgiven then.

• That's my policy. I can forgive you and move on, but that doesn't mean I'll forget how someone hurt me. If a person continues to do so, then they no longer get forgiveness.

• I do. I don't think you should hold grudges but I also don't think you should just erase them either.

• When you forgive it does not count as forgiveness unless you also forget.

• yes, it is important to forgive someone but also some things need to be forgotten and let go so you can move on with your life.

• No. It's bad. Because you haven't really let go of the thing, not really... And if you don't honestly let go, you haven't honestly forgiven.

• Definitely!

Forgiving is about accepting and letting go, and feeling resolved in yourself too.
    It's important that we don't forget though, because we need to learn from our past experiences and mistakes to grow as a person.

• Forgiving is very powerful