What was your biggest "take away" moment from 2015?

Every year we experience so many new things.
What was something that really stood out for you?

The biggest experience and lesson learned

Most Helpful Guy

• I realised that for too long i've been living the life where others were constantly stopping me from being my self. I was living being someone i never was. Just to keep others satisfied and easing their work of patroling that everyone was thinking inside the box and Being the slaves, the sheeps and now at the end of this year, in this winter wonderland, they're all offended. They're all against me and I don't give a fuck.

Most Helpful Girl

• i need to surround myself with people i actually enjoy being with. i've spent too much time being with people even tho they are negative or rude

What Guys Said 33

• I told a girl I was into them and it briefly ruined our relationship. We've been patching it up for months and I think it's getting better - she's offered to join in on a project that I'm working on. But I also believe that while I can respect the friendship boundary, to do so means that I'll ultimately need to stop talking to her as a new years resolution. It's a shame; I deeply miss talking to her and it hurts, but I need closure. It's ironic that this is the best solution, but I can never become her type, and that is the single flaw in our relationship (fellow GAGers, take heed, for this lesson applies to you too: if she's not into you, it will never be possible to make her be into you. So move on.)

The great news is that she did make me feel something awesome: confidence, with the knowledge that I take a rejection well enough that I can move on. While I'll never forget her, I've been dating more than ever. I'm going out to more shows and events. And I know more about what I'm looking for than I did a year ago. I re-iterate: she was almost perfect, but I know that when I find the right person, one of the best things we'll share is that they'll be as crazy about me as I will be with them.

• If she comes screaming back for you, tell her no!

• Graduating High School in June and saying goodbye to the girl I really liked right before we walked on stage (that was the last time I ever saw her in person 😜)

• The birth of my grandchild

• Life is full of loss. Things that start up quickly can be extinguished quicker and things that we've had for years can fall to pieces in hours.

• My "Take away" moment? That when I ordered some sushi to eat at home. Just Kidding :)

For me it was moving from London to Barcelona. I should have done that a year earlier. I love it here.

• London London London
    I always wanted to go there and I finally was able to go, it was a dream come true

• Getting my account frozen on GAG

• How'd that happen?

• Thats nuts! I better watch my mouth because I've been dinged for a load of different things haha

• @JSmuve I know I had my share of e fights on here and have had my account frozen for that and I am going to be a master soon one day and I dont want to lose my account over a troll that comes on here just to troll

• Realised that I've been wasting my life this whole time. I've developed a more positive and adventurous mindset where I now feel that I should explore the world.

• I learned something, I am probably one of 10 people on this earth who actually know and understand it.

• mmmm, biggest take away moment? i did have a great pizza back in September but its probably an exceptional indian meal i had three weeks ago that was best of 2015

• Practical Perseverance
    Humility
    Honesty
    Flaky, dishonest people are terrible but forgivible

• Maybe, that there are people with a lot less but are a lot happier and try more than I have. (Personal Experience).

• Realizing how shit I really am at socializing and that I'm always the quiet outcast. I guess I knew before, but this year I really hit me, because of the holiday I went on...

• Black Lives matter at the Bernie Sanders Rally.

• This year I met a ton of assholes BUT I met a lot of awesome people. I also learned you can sexy by doing some of the most un-sexiest things possible... weird huh.

• Not everything goes to plan and the fall from happiest moment to lowest moment can be extremely fast and painful.

• Oh definitely this awesome acid trip by the lake under the stars watching meteorites fall.

• First time I've had a sexual, physical moment with a woman.

• My very first date.

• Getting my heart smashed into pieces. Besides that and the frustration of online dating, and my pos car behaving, one of college buddies getting married and never telling me and getting screwed out of a job. Not bad,

• Farting on your mom XD

• falling deeply in love with a narcissist

• DTA - Don't trust anyone. a girl said she " loved me and was gonna move here " total bull shit!

• Struggle, growth, study, progress O (∩_∩) O~!

• seeing my friend react to the sudden and unexpected death of her father

• somertimes

• Finding out I have psychosis

• You probably don't want to know. I'll just say there are some people out there who do not give a shit about anything and get off on watching other people suffer. Some humans aren't humans, at all, but monsters, demons wearing a human's face. And, my takeaway is that I'm afraid of them. Really afraid. I'm afraid of dying. Never thought I was before.

• first girlfriend, first kiss, first time i had sex ( stripper but still counts as sex so...) and lots of new things and mainly attention from girls

• I had a massive chinese, was really bloated afterwards...

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 23

• There were too many 'take away moments' for me in 2015 to count. Mostly just really good moments in school, loving all my classes/profs, having good marks and one step closer to graduating.

Many good ones with my boyfriend as well. Notably today, when he said of course he wants to get married with me in the future when we're both done school. He was not so pro-marriage when we first started hanging out but he told me today that he definitely wants to keep me in his life and if that means getting married (because I've already told him countless times that marriage is a definite in my books), then he'll go ahead with it no problem. :) <3

• Emmm I HATE 2015 (i was hospitalized for 2 weeks and I had to bed rest for 3 freaking months , my leg brock -_- , during that period I found out people who wants to stick around and who doesn't want to :/ and people I cared about didn't care for me the same :/ , I couldn't do my graduate exam cuz of my injury, i missed a lot of events cuz of my injury, I can't even remember how to run now and I'm a national athlete :'( its a major breakdown for me ) LETS SEE WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO GET NEXT YEAR -__-

• It was a pretty big year of change for me.. I quit smoking cigarettes and weed right after I returned from the trip I was on over the holidays. A few weeks later I met my boyfriend. Nine months later I moved in with him. I also cut way back on my drinking this past year and can honestly say I went the entire year of 2015 without a single "real" hangover (a couple mornings where I could feel that I'd been drinking but not bad at all).

I'm not sure what I should count as the biggest thing - meeting the boyfriend, moving in with him, or quitting smoking... they're all kind of a big deal. I think the biggest life changer though would be meeting the boyfriend. I spent my whole life basically single until this year :)

• I learned to follow my gut and intuition more... cause when I do it proves to be right choice. It feels good to follow my gut

• Honestly so much happened in 2015, I changed so much as a person. The biggest thing for me would be my relationship. I started dating him in March, and he dumped me in October. I had never been dumped before and it's honestly the worst thing I've been through. That's what I will remember, but it's one bad thing that happened among so many good things like road trips, going to Paris, doing work experience, and dating a girl for the first time.

• The moment when I got to see my mom again :)

• Mmm... Postivity thinking AND I really am lovable!

• I think it is when my professor e-mailed me to congratulate me for doing well in his course - BEFORE my final grade was posted online. That was so exciting I did not know how to respond and asked my cousin for advice.

• Things can change quickly. Enjoy the happy moments, and try to focus on those as much as possible, even when things get tough. When they do, surround yourself with those that care about you.

• I graduated high school and started going to college. Even though I live at home I still had to get used to my new life. I made new friends and I am so happy about that! I was afraid I would get lonely. Also I got rejected by two guys this year. The first one sent me into a depression that lasted a few months. The second one made me miserable but I am proud to say I am slowly getting better even though it still really upsets me. I guess I learned that I can be strong.

• I overcame my fear of heights and went cliff jumping in Jamaica. It was not only my fear of heights that I got past but it helped me realize that I can overcome any challenge that comes my way.

• I came out 😊

• The guy. He came into my life and swept me away. Then disappeared and I was back on earth again.

• That sounds tragically sad. Sometimes, life just sucks!

• Yes, we just had the one date and I really liked her up to that point but I wasn't really attached at all. The problem was just that it happened so strangely, so inexplicable. If she just said, "I'm not ready for dating," or something like that, everything would have been fine. I met her online and I kept trying other women I met online. I dated one for about 6 weeks bit that didn't work. The I met Miss Ivy. We have been dating for 7 months now and she isn't perfect but she is wonderful and I am in love with her.

God always knows what He is doing.

• @OlderAndWiser It is good hear you overcame.

• to just say fuck it
    and that life is shit

• By getting over your feelings faster, you accomplish a whole lot more.

• I'm 16 too and e thing that was something that stuck out for me was I fell in love with a girl and basically lost everything, the trust from my family and a couple of friends. She cheated on me and recently told me she loved me while she was drunk.

• There's no point in stressing , everything happens for a reason. Try and make goals and fulfil it.

My aim is to stop going on my phone a lot , to not assume. Etc

• I'm seriously not trying to sound like a pessimist, but for me, 2015 sucked. 😂

• People never change and its unhuman of you to ask them to.

• Not to send nudes, because fuck boys will screenshot them, and their fuck boy friends will see them.

• I learned not to do that when I was 10 maybe even 5. Come on now!

• At 16 I'm still naive as I was when I was 5

• I realized how fast things can change.
    I learned my lesson. Keep friends who are willing to stay and let those who want to leave, leave.

• you need to be
    vulnerable and authentic to build connections with people. "playing it cool" has gotten me no where with guys. its a trend. they are SO interested with me at first and it starts out strong. but always always fades away into nothing and then they find another girl and it HURTS. I haven't tried it yet so maybe guys you can help me out - how can I be more vulnerable and authentic? How do I let them know what I want while still remaining a "prize" in their mind?

• Realizing that you can do something that sounds awesome and amazing on paper with the wrong person and be miserable and then do something simple and boring that you never would have thought you'd enjoy with the right one and be completely happy.

Its not what you're doing as much as who you're doing it with..