Would you ever let your parents pick out a partner for you?

0|0
18|16

Most Helpful Girl

• I might give a try by curiosity, who knows, maybe they picked someone I'm attracted to! But forcing me to marry the one they picked? Heck No!
    My mother wouldn't chose a bad guy anyways, she'll probably pick a man from back home with a good career and reputation... But I would rather find Love by myself and write my own story!
    Plus my Mom doesn't put as much emphasis on the physical aspect as me, but I want a man I'm really attracted to!

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's called 'arranged marriage', and it's the most common way of finding partners in my country.

It looks like I may have to choose that option eventually, since I have been single for over 5 years now, and I don;'t see any prospective dates on the horizon! :P

1|1
    0|0
    • Preach bhaisaab, preach!

• Show All
    • *I agree with what you said

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 17

• Of course not. The only thing my parents look for is what a guy's GPA is, what major he has, and how well he can kiss up to them. Of course, intelligence and potential job is important, but overall, my parents have no idea what type of guy I'm attracted to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Umm... nope.. I can do that myself.. its partner.. not a sweater.. I love them to death but they don't even do a good job with sweater.. 😐

0|2
    0|0
  • Fuck no. That'd be horrid. My mother knows nothing about my tastes.

0|1
    0|0
  • My friggin GRANDPARENTS are trying to set me up with someone. 😑😒 I'm not havin it.

0|2
    0|0
    • Now that is hilarious 😂

• @Xelebrum It's noooooooot! because my grandpa is like... slowly dying right now so I FEEL BAD SAYING NO. Especially since he makes it zero secret that I'm his favorite.

• ... well shit. :/

• I would never let them do it for me!
    I'm 100% sure that they would choose someone who's the opposite of what I like.

0|1
    0|0
  • No way. They have horrible taste and don't understand me at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom is trying to set me up with her friends son, because he apparently is a 'nice' boy... but I don't want to, he is a fuck boy 😑

0|1
    0|0
    • What mean fuck boy is? I see a lot of fuck boy on gag I have no ideas what it mean.

• There's no way. I can choose someone on my own.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nooooooooo wayyyyyyyyy! My parents can't even get along with each other! I'm better off mingling and seeing whom I have chemistry with.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am open to meet some of their choices lol and give it try.
    but it pisses me off most of the time.
    man, all their friends are currently my in-laws so speaking, jeez :o

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I'd rather eat dirt.

0|1
    0|0
  • not entirely. i gotta like the dude too

0|1
    0|0
  • It would never happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think thats a good idea!

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell no my mother has worse taste in men than me

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not. My mom would want someone straight out of a Hallmark movie, and I'd rather not... That being said, they don't care who I date as long as I'm happy and he treats me right.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Yea sure, but I'll tell them who to pick 😘😏

😂😂😂

0|2
    0|0
  • I mean, I wouldn't be outrightly against it but I wouldn't prefer it either. Many cultures practice this or have practiced it at one time, even the West. I guess I would let my parents choose provided that at least three conditions were met 1) she shared the same faith as me 2) she was blonde and pretty 3) she held traditional values.

0|1
    0|0
  • FUCK. NO. Not just because that would be lame as fuck, but also because my parents are super religious and conservative and would definitely pick out an equally religious and conservative church girl who probably wouldn't ever suck dick, and I ain't having that shit.

0|1
    1|1
  • Sure I'd give whoever they picked a shot if they ever did that, but that's not something I'll have to worry about.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol no way

0|1
    0|0
  • Today, people's choices are appalling.

They could benefit from parental guardianship and wisdom although it is the parent who raised these children who have given them poor judgement.

0|1
    0|0
  • You mean, set me up with someone for a date?
    Sure, I guess.
    Not a whole lot of fucking harm it can do now can it?

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm south Asian so its common in my culture.

I'd only let them pick one out if I was old and hadn't found anyone, like 26...

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, why not. They know me pretty good, they can judge with whom i can get along very well from an objective viewpoint.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah cause they looking at the mind while I'm looking at the mind and body

0|1
    0|0
  • In my culture this is something very common, but no I would not.

0|1
    0|0
  • MY parents? oh hell no.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd let them bring in options, but I will decide for myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Never.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol no. Sounds like something an idiot would do.

0|1
    0|0