Anyone else get stiffed this christmas?

Bought my family expensive gifts. Sister laptop.. Dad and mom new iphones. I ended up getting in return some shitty ass joggers at target lol. A couple of food trays. I think I also got a blanket lmao. Feels bad mayne..

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Makes you look better anyway and you shouldn't look like you got stiffed, better to give than receive , it's always been that way for me anyway with my family

What Girls Said 4

• Wtf at 22 why did you spend so much on presents? Either way I don't look at it as getting stuffed. I don't buy things for other people expecting the same monetary value in return. My brother has kids and step kids so I spend loads in them compared to what they spend on me but it's no matter. The blanket sounds like a nice gift especially if it was homemade.

I knitted blankets and scarfs one year a longtime ago when I was broke. It took forever but my nephew still has his.

• I got good deals on everything. Spent only 500 all together. Blanket was bought not made.

• The only person I ever expect anything from at Christmas is my boyfriend and even still not much. As you get older you realize Christmas is about kids. I have a sister your age and yes I remember once she was in college she was disappointed by Christmas realizing it isn't as fun without big gifts. But she recently got a brand new car completely paid for, goes to an expensive university and has everything paid. I told her that's the gift as it costs more than a lot of people even make in a year. It isn't like she got nothing just not things like a new mac Book (which she also has).

I understand your disappointment but really once you are a little older Christmas is so nice because it is about being with someone you love and seeing their smile. And then there are kids in the family and their excitement is way better than any you experienced when you were the kid.

• That would hurt, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• That's kind of you to go out of your way and spend that much on your family, and although they didn't reciprocate the same monetary value, (it sounds super cheesy) it's the thought that counts! Find the positive of the situation

I can understand where you're coming from though, I know the ripped off feeling in situations like these :/

• lol I am receiving presents, not getting anyone shit cause I have no money :P
    I don t work :P

• ehh who dat who downvoted me? I am still in univ, I can t work -_-

• Lol archiz can you parents adopt me and pay for my school? Dat dere privileged life..

• Yes I know :)
      sur^^ you re always wlc to join the family xD

What Guys Said 4

• Just be happy u have family... And they will probly go big next time they give u presents... They probly werent expecting stuff like that

• Same. same. I got my cousins two cameras, my mom and dad some cashmere sweaters and my aunts and uncles clothes and fine belgian chocolates. In return i got shitty socks and fucking fishing lures.

• You sound pretty ungrateful lol

• I got a jockstrap signed by my bros, Hmu in kik for pics OP #nohomo