Is Christmas only for kids?

I've heard some adults (real life) say this.
Is that true according to you?

If you're an adult. What does Christmas mean to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say: partially yes, partially no. My family actually decided not to celebrate Christmas this year. According to my mom, all the children (me and my two siblings) have become adults now, so there's no need to celebrate Christmas. We still had this nice, big family gathering with a good dinner but there was no Christmas decoration, no Christmas tree and also no gifts. Personally, I was a little disappointed and I think my girlfriend too. But everyone else (my parents, my siblings and my siblings' SOs) thought it was much better this way. My mom actually wanted to play just one Christmas song on the radio and my dad was like "aaarrrgh please spare us!" haha. My family has never been into Christmas very much but back when we were children, my parents still tried hard to give us a really cool/romantic Christmas eve (in my country we celebrate on the 24th). With tree and decorations and gifts and cookies and everything. Personally, I think it makes sense to tune it down a bit when you become an adult. Especially if you don't celebrate with many other people. For example 2 years ago I was abroad with my girlfriend in her home country South Korea where Christmas is not celebrated, so we didn't make a big deal out of it. We still exchanged some gifts and went out for a romantic Christmas date but we didn't get a tree or decorations.
    So I would say it depends a bit on your individual taste and yes, a bit on your age. I don't think it's childish to celebrate Christmas as an adult but personally, I'd rather change it a bit. Instead of having a real party with children running around in excitement, I just appreciate the smaller things. For example I believe exchanging gifts belongs to Christmas but they don't need to be that big. I don't expect 10 different gifts like back when I was 10. I'm also totally fine with something small like a good book or a bottle of olive oil from the delicacy store. It's the gesture that counts. And while I still enjoy Christmas trees and I did miss it this year, I don't need a perfectly decorated tree anymore. I'm also totally fine with a plain fir with some candles on it. Again, it's somewhat important but it's mainly the gesture that counts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone can celebrate and enjoy Christmas. Sure, it may be more whimsical and exciting for children who believe in Santa, but everyone in my family still gets together to have a good time, exchange presents, and just be with each other.

What Guys Said 7

• i mean the whole santa stuff is for kids of course and i think kids generally get more excited but it's certainly a holiday for adults as well. friends and family are around, there's usually a few adult parties, and giving and receiving gifts is still tons of fun

• Christmas is about love, gratitude and hope. It can't be restricted or diminished.

• I am one of those - Christmas only for kids - I find it a drag

• Christmas is all about being with the people you care about most and giving them something as a way of saying "I care about you and I think you would like this."

• Christmas is for everyone

• Christmas is for people with some spare coin.

• I also am not into Christmas and think it's for kids.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's for everyone. Sure, kids have that extra bit of magic with the whole Santa bit but that doesn't mean it stops when you no longer believe. It's a fun holiday of being with family, giving and receiving gifts, and I find it to just be an all around happy day regardless of your age.

• I think Christmas is more for parents than it is for kids.

For example, yesterday my baby cousin couldn't sleep because he was too excites. He woke his parents up at 2 am and then at 4 am. At 4 am they got so fed up with him waking them, they told him to go downstairs and open one present (the one from "Santa"). They go back to sleep and wake to find that he has opened all of them. "You stole Christmas from us!"

I'm sorry, but he's 7. What else do you expect?

• Not true. Even the adults to the young adults in my family get presents.

• All I know is the older I get the less it feels like Christmas. The only way around is if there are a bunch of small children around.

• No, Christmas is for everyone 😌😌🎄🎄

• No it is a time for family. A time to be with the ones you love.

• Christmas is for everyone who likes to buy and get gifts.

• Fuck no, Christmas is for anyone that wants to celebrate it!!