Techniques to go to sleep easier?

I struggle to fall asleep at night. It usually takes me close to an hour everytime... I don't know just feels like my brain can't turn off and I'm always thinking about something when all I wanna do is sleep lol...

Anyone got any tips to go to sleep better?

preferably natural techniques like counting sheep (even though that doesn't work lol)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same problem. My strategy is escape GaG XD clear out any emails, make a list of things I'm worried about so that the list can worry about them instead of me, and find something that distracts your brain but also relaxes you. That could be meditation, a podcast, or like a youtuber.

I really like this guy because he has a nice voice and I'm familiar enough with the game that it can get boring to just sit and watch. https://youtu.be/saU5W91i9DI

What Girls Said 4

• Stick to a solid night time routine. Don't use technology for a hour before bed time and try to do something like read instead. Reading makes me sleep before bed time. Warm milk apparently helps too. Try to just do anything relaxing before bed basically.

• Some research says sleeping on you left side help you sleep better and I always think of perfect little scenarios in my head and that helps my get to sleep... maybe take NyQuil...

• I take melatonin or some sleep aid tablets, which aren't habit forming. Those are to be used for the occasional sleeplessness and not for every day.

Taking a warm shower before going to bed does help me too.

Also, try refraining from using any electronics (tablets, phones, computers, etc,) at least 30 minutes before going to bed as the light emitted from the screens messes with your rem. Instead, try reading a book if you need to read or look at something before bed time.

• If your attempting to sleep for over half an hour get up and do something (read a book, watch tv, exercise etc) for roughly half an hour then try to sleep again.

What Guys Said 1

• one lamb two lamb three lamb four...