How do I stop stealing from stores?

My first store theft was actually an accident, one of the products just fell in my bag and I only realised I had accidentally stolen something when I got home. And it was then I realised it was so damn easy to steal and so I was so tempted to do it again... And now I've purposely stolen about 6 pieces of clothes since... And I don't know how to stop now that I know how easy it is to do it.
What do I do?

and jeez guys I'm looking for help top stop this problem, not get myself arrested. thank you very much...

Most Helpful Girl

• Try seeing a therapist

• Lol I just called the cops, maybe she'll be offered therapy in jail

• Yeah I think I might be a kleptomaniac :/ I'll go and get help cause I hate this problem :( and the things aren't even like important or expensive things that I need. It's so stupid really

• Thanks for MHO! I hopr you get the help you needed!❤️

What Guys Said 3

• You will learn through the cops and the coarts

• Brb, calling the cops. And going anon won't help you, your IP Address can still be found and tracked

• She asked for help and you said this? You saying this would probably make her want to do it more, which is not helping her at all.

• @Lady7 well you're some sort of southeastern Asian that I don't talk to

• @Lady7 just ignore his ignorant racist ass. He's not worth it
      his origins i's from Iran

• Pay for the stuff you take out.

What Girls Said 7

• Google stories on forums of people being caught for shoplifting at the stores you shoplift at. People post things like that and people experienced at law answer it. It's scary to think how much your life can change once you're caught. Psyche yourself out! This is serious.

Know the security people at the stores could catch you any time... their entire job is fixated on finding shoplifters. Don't think because you got away with it 6 times that the next time will be the same. If they do, they will likely send you to jail. It will be on your record, it will affect your chance at jobs and may make some careers impossible to consider. You will always have to explain yourself for the $15 shirt you stole. It's not worth it.

I was going to start off by telling you how much shoplifting affects the businesses and their prices they offer all of us, but I don't think that tactic would've helped you take this seriously though it is extremely true. Shoplifting affects everyone. Don't think of it as a light crime. It makes things worse for everyone and it can ruin you. Just save up and use coupons/look for sales when you can or don't shop at all. You can and will overcome this. If you really think you need professional help, go ahead and talk to a counselor/psych.

• Wow... People on G@G are so awesome, no shit it's called 'gag'. (ehh.. yeah, and I guess I'm pitiful for being here.)

It's so annoying when you ask for help and people just wanna throw rocks at you, or simply say 'go to therapist'. Like you didn't know that yourself, DUH.

Well, if you haven't gone to a therapist yet, I'll say use this technique:
    Next time you're in a shop, ask yourself how you'd feel if you made that item.. really laboured for it, and someone just came and stole it. Or ruined it. Or burned it. Ask yourself where your ethics of trade are. Appreciate what's been made available to you and to others. Everybody's labouring to make something, to sell the item, to sell the idea, cos they wanna make a living out of it. Put yourself in their shoes.

And make the effort to make this work. Make the effort to appreciate the item. You pay, and the person behind the counter is able to eat, the person who made it is able to eat. Help someone be able to eat, to have a roof over their head.

• Keep going. You're going to get caught eventually. Some time in jail usually does the trick.

• Stop stealing from people's stores and give a donation to charity equal to the amount that you stole from the store.

• Think about the effects that will have on you if you get caught!

• Same. What makes me feel bad though is not feeling shit for doing it. But it's funny how they don't notice shit lmao I got this Marc Jacobs perfume like nothing and mm it smells so damn good. But I'm trying to cut it down.

• I don't see how you can accidentally steal something. And if it was an accident why didn't you return it?

Have you ever tried not stealing?

It's really not that hard.

Unless you want to go to jail

They don't have girlsaskguys. com in jail