What is Feminism?

What do you think feminism is? What do you think the ideologies behind the term is? Do you support feminism?

• Feminism is a good thing.
  • Feminism is bad.
  • I don't particularly care.

What Guys Said 2

• I voted C😊

• I've spent a lot of time considering and evaluating feminism over recent years. I used to think of it as a good thing but today I cannot support it based on what I have learned about feminism and feminists. I originally supported it because I believed the commonly quoted dictionary definition was accurate. The truth of the matter is that not only is feminism not needed in the western world today, but it simply does more harm than good. Feminism, like anything else, must be judged based on it's actions. Feminists can tell us all day long that they support equality and fairness, but when their actions clearly show time after time that they don't, that dictionary definition becomes pointless.

If we distill feminism down to its essence, it is a movement that seeks to advance women's interests (not gender equality) and it does that using dishonest and anti-male rhetoric. It uses lies and misinformation to maintain a sense of victimhood among women, convincing them they are oppressed by men when the facts show otherwise. That hurts men for obvious reasons, but what many fail to recognize is that it hurts women too, by diverting attention from the fact that they have every right and opportunity men have to succeed today, and just like men, their success or failure is in their own hands. Feminism promotes a mindset that women cannot succeed on their own, which is very harmful.

Everyone is harmed by the wedge feminism has driven between men and women. As long as feminism exists, men and women will be adversaries in the gender discussion. Wouldn't it be nice if we could move beyond that so men and women could respect, admire and appreciate each other and work together, side by side, in the fight for a better world? That will never happen as long as feminism exists.

What Girls Said 1

• I think too many radicals have become the face of feminism