Are poorer people intimidated by rich people?

If so, why? Give reasons for your answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just a mentality. Poor people (and I'm referring to people below the poverty line) feel victimized by their situation and circumstances and feel they will be poor their entire lives so they kinda don't try to fix their situation as much as they should. They capitalize off of government aid and food stamps and other things. Then they may see a richer person doing very well for themselves and either feel jealous or intimidated by the persons success. They kinda just don't know what it's like to be rich I guess. It depends per person and situation.

• omg intelligence :) yeah... i agree. i think some poorer people just hide themselves away from rich people as well... in a sort of low self esteem way which is stupid... there's no need

• as in "oh im just a cleaner, i shouldn't drive to where the it managers are" feel me?

• It is kinda their concept of themselves. They feel they are beneath others (the very poor) who are wealthier. I feel bad at times but it's just their mentality.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course.

• Asker clearly never worked with rich people. (people going to inherit $500,000,000)

What Girls Said 2

• Why? Because its a different world than I grew up with!

• Not necessarily, not everyone thinks or feels that way i can tell you the man who has to graft hard for his money can feel spiritually enriched that he has earned his money through hard work and be satisfied and sleep at night.

The rich man usually worries about his money how much he has ways of making more, it's not all plain sailing just because someone is rich.

The poor man may have something the rich man lacks and vice versa it comes down to the individual, one more thing richness and high standards do not always go hand in hand either.

What Guys Said 4

• Some yeah. Upper class individuals exhibit "higher level" behaviors in my opinion, that many lower class individuals just haven't learned.

• Some might be, some not

• Some I am sure are.

• Most unsuccessful people are more deferential towards those they consider more successful than themselves. It's not just about money.