Is this considered ethical or unethical?

if a girl and a guy are in a serious relationship for 2 years. the relationship was going downhill. the couples are fighting all the time. the guys parents dont like her at all. another guy comes into picture and meets the girl. the girl likes the new guy and she thinks this new guy is her soulmate ( not infituation the connection is really strong and it is mutual ). besides, the new guy's family likes the girl. the new guy confessed to the girl but she kept it as friendship because of her relationship . the girl and the new guy kept hanging out in public places as friends only. the girl ended the 2 years relationship to be with the guy

where does the new guy and the girl stand ethically?

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether it was deliberate or not the feelings were stronger than friendship. Out of respect for the boyfriend they should not have hung out.

If the relationship is that bad get out of it. You don't wait until something better comes along, that's just cruel.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that guy is the girl's backup option. And the girl is stringing him along till she comes up with a better solution.

• so why you think she was stringing the old along?

• the new guy and the girl knew each other for two months then she broke up with the old guy two months is not much. i dont think the new guy is the back up option? you should know the person for a while you know

• a few months is more than enough dude. trust me.

What Girls Said 3

• If the girl's old relationship wasn't working and she ended it to be with somebody else, at least she did it the correct way. I am not saying it's not hurtful for her ex but at least she ended the relationship before getting into something new. And good for her for having the courage to get into something better for herself.

• I think they (girl and new guy) acted morally and ethically. They weren't dishonest, dismissive or disrespectful

• That's completely above board in my opinion. No one did anything wrong.

What Guys Said 2

• This has nothing to do with ethics, it's about morality (the two things often get confused and conflated).
    Personally, I don't see any problem with this situation. Seems much better than the girl cheating on her boyfriend.

• Seems fine to me. She broke up with the old guy to be with the new guy. I don't see anything wrong with this situation.