Do you think Instagram and Tumblr are harmful?

I think they are! Most girls are photoshopped on there and it creates unrealistic expectations that aren't even real! Guys think girls look the way they do on a picture, but they actually don't because they've been photoshopped and are wearing a shit ton of makeup! And girls see other girls looking perfect and it kills their self esteem! let me know what you guys think 😊

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think Instagram has a very negative community for women. They're okay with teen girls showing off how much they cut but ban women for showing a pair of bloody pants. They're okay with nearly naked teenagers but hate women breastfeeding. The dichotomy and sexualization on that website is unreal and exceedingly toxic.

I don't like tumblr for teenagers because the environment is very... not good. There's a lot of social pressure put on people but instead of using that pressure for good a lot of them tend to use it as a way to give really *really* bad advice and treat people poorly. Like there's a real constructive way to do things and then there's the tumblr way to do things. It's not a good idea to be on there until you know the difference.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, that is true. I mean some of the younger guys might not know how photo shopped some of those women are, but after meeting a few Catfish, they will learn quickly, as I did.

• It's only harmful to those stupid people who believe all they see. If they think a woman full of makeup and filters is what a real woman should look like, then it's their problem.

• I agree. Its like flipping through a catalogue earmarking what you want to get only to find it's not nearly half as good in person as they made it out to be.

• I absolutely agree with you. But will it ever change? Not in our lifetime I dont think. I rarely ever use my Instagram but when I do I look at dog pictures 😍 lol

• Not all are photoshopped, you'll get some without it

• Yes they are and they should be banned.

What Girls Said 3

• I love tumblr but I have used instagram and it did make me depressed but that was mostly because of the way people treated me for my appearance and having a low amount of followees (20 on my old one I have 3 on my new) had to make a new one because of embarrassing drama, teens and young adults can be cruel.

• I think it goes both ways... it can be a great way to connect with people and see cool things but yeah.. that'd the part I don't like

• I know of girls that have it as their goal in life to be someone famous in insta and tumblr they work on their selfimage so hard instead of enjoying life