Do you think these children are Christian children or children with Christian parents?

In other words, do you think that children, who haven't developed reason and rational thinking yet and do whatever their parents say is right, are automatically religious because their parents are?

• They're Christian children
  • They're children with Christian parents

Most Helpful Girl

• Only a fully understood personal decision makes a person a christian, so no I would not consider these children to be christians.

Most Helpful Guy

• Children with Christian parents, raised into acting like what's considered being Christian.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think they're old enough to really know what they believe or make well informed decisions.

• Christianised children by their parents

• I think they are Christian children. You can be religious even at a young age.

• But how are they the religious ones? The parents are the religious ones. Do you ever see a young child being of an entirely different religion than their parents are?

• True that, but if I take my example I've been taught about my religion since their age and I believed and loved God since my very young childhood

• Would you have loved your god as much at this age if you were raised by atheists?

• Unfortunately I believe them to be Christian children. I am totally open to other's expressing their right to a religion, but I don't think its okay to instill that belief in young children who are not capable to make those decisions for themselves.

• So you think that we shouldn't instill the belief that children can't think rationally and thus can't have a religion, but you are alright with indoctrinating Christianity, because that isn't remotely related at all!

• Why are they Christian children to you if they don't have the cognitive ability to judge for themselves?

• They are Christian children because that is what their parents tell them, and that is what they will believe as their truth.

What Guys Said 4

• Children with Christian parents. However, as they get older they may leave the faith or continue with it. As far as Christiany goes my favorite Christian is Sir Issac Newton.

• Who knows, I've met really intelligent, mature children who can think for themselves.
    I know a child that is a monk.

It depends on the children.

• Christianity doesn't get passed down to the kids. It's a faith that one chooses not inherit.

• Uh, yes it does. If you're a child, you perceive what your parents say as right. Indoctrination can have some serious consequences to adults, too — if you've heard that something's right all your life, it's hard to get rid of that.

• Yes that's what I meant

• RIght. I'm with you there. My problem is that for some people, being constantly told that Christianity is the right faith can bring them serious issues later in life. This isn't the case with everyone though.

• They look like children of Catholicism. The purest form of religion and the one perfected by God himself. These children have the looks of an angel sent by God.

• How come all other religions say the exact same, and why are you right and are they wrong?

• How is your religion (Catholicism) any more "pure" than Jehovah's Witnesses or Protestantism?