Can you come up with a 'catch-22'?

I would define a ‘catch-22’ as a set of rules or conditions which prevent a desired outcome.

Here are a couple of examples from the book "Catch-22":

“Under Colonel Korn’s rule, the only people permitted to ask questions were those who never did.”

“‘Major Major never sees anyone in his office while he’s in his office.’”

Most Helpful Guy

• U have to be able to drive to work so you can buy a car...

• nice one, too bad it's real
      You could take public transit if it's available but if you have to work night-shift then you're pretty much screwed. This catch-22 can really limit someones opportunities especially when you're just starting off. Some people take having their own transportation for granted but it's practically a necessity.

• Lol. thanks... I have been stuggling with this ine for a while, off and on for years.. My freaking boss says he will pay me more if i have a car (which has nothing to do with my work)... I get like 2000 dollars saved up and he says he's gonna keep it for taxes... Im 90% sure i can trust him tho... But meanwhile im flat broke, have almost nothing to eat, and have to ride my bike 5 miles in the cold to spend 10 on food.. Freaking sux not having a car

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Innocents in prison won't make parole unless they admit they did a crime they never did