Would you vote for an Asian-American presidential candidate?

• Yes
  • No
This hypothetical candidate can be a male, female, trans, genderqueer or anything else you imagine. We're focusing on "Asian American" here. They're of Asian descent and born & raised in USA. Focus on this. I don't want to argue with anyone in this post. Let's not bring each other down.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't vote for presidents because they are all the same when it comes to foreign policy. Democrats like to play the "humanitarian war" excuse and Republicans use the "national security" excuse. They all protect and defend the status quo, which is maintaining U. S. hegemony and being the policemen of the world.

• You are unworthy of being an American.

• @BlueCoyote It's got nothing to do with whether he's liberal, independent, conservative, he could be a communist for all I care. The fact that he refuses to vote makes him unworthy of being an American.

• @Dred1614 Abstaining from voting is a basic democratic right just like voting for candidate A or B, saying Aye or Nay. That is why even on a national level, in the Senate or House of Representatives, politicians may and sometimes do abstain from voting. Forcing people to vote infringes on their civil rights. Just like the right to free speech includes the right NOT to speak and the right to have a belief/religion includes the right NOT to have a belief/religion, the right to vote also includes the right to decide not to make a decision and thus not to vote.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. I liked bobby jindal. I don't think he accepts donations though hence why I never hear about him.

What Guys Said 16

• Don't give a crap about their race. I'll never vote for or against a candidate on those grounds, and anyone who presents themselves as though that should factor into my decision (looking at you Hillary, Obama) loses points in my book.

Here's the part that matters: are they right for the job?

• I don't see why race would be an issue.

• If they were progressive

• Sure why not XD

• If he/she were qualified... and you know... believed the same things I did... absolutely.

• I would if he was a Republican.

• Why "he"?

• @ asker, You know perfectly well, what you meant when you asked "Why he?". There was no other reason to bring that up. We have heard the arguments from feminists enough times, to know where you were going with that. So stop pretending like that isn't what you meant.

I am not against using "they" singularly, but a lot of people have been raised not to use they for that purpose. I often hear a woman say something like "When you see your doctor ask her..." I don't ask them "Why her?" Its just a pronoun. It isn't some massive attempt to shame the gender that isn't picked for the pronoun in that sentence.

• @BlueCoyote
      1. That is a lie. I never called her a femnazi. She was trying to act like she didn't understand what he meant by "nazi" was so I explained why her called her a feminazi.
      2. So now you are calling anyone that disagrees with you "dumb, uneducated hillbillies" right after accusing me of calling someone names that disagreed with me. lol
      3. When dealing with how language works long standing traditions do in fact make it correct. Language isn't like math where there is only one right answer for all time. That is how language is taught and graded. This is also why over time language can change.
      4. Your explanation was in fact proof that it is only about political correctness.

• Asian American yes, trans hell no!

• We're not quite there yet.

• I would in America. In my home country I would not.

• Obviously. But would you vote for a Swedish person who is of Asian descent?

• You win? Here's a cookie. 🍪

China is quite racist actually. But yes, if they said they wouldn't vote for a Chinese person of European descent, I'd say they're racist. Racism works in both ways.

• It's funny how you completely ignored the fact that I would vote for an Asian in America.
      Just sticking with the idea that I'm racist must be so much easier for you.

All humans are racist. It's a natural behavior in our genes that is meant to protect life by making sure there is diversity in races and species.

This is how nature is thinking.
      Imagine that you have a mission. You have to throw a small pebble through a small hole 10 meters away. And you only have one pebble. Your chances of success are obviously low.
      But if you have a whole fist full of pebbles your chances immiediately go up several hundred percent. All of those pebbles represent different species and races.

The modern meaning of diversity is to make all humans the same by mixing them together.
      They say it's for a good cause. To get rid of racism. Few people question it.
      This is actually anti-diversity. And it goes against nature.

Asians not wishing to see a European as president is a good thing.

• It wouldn't have an influence. I'd vote for them if I supported their values.

• i don';t see why race matters.

• It don't matter who you vote for because the process is rigged. They decide who's next the rest is the a illusion.

• No I don't vote for Zionist

• Wasn't the only Asian anerican candidate Bobby Jindal for the GOP? I think he dropped out.

• Sorry but after the nothing that was Obama. Only whites should be presidents.

• Also male, at least 6'0, not over 60, handsome, able bodied, Christian

• If one came along now I would certainly consider it. They would have to be pretty horrible not to be better than the current selection of front runners.

• I would vote for ANY candidate who is capable and stands for what I believe a candidate should stand for, regardless of race or gender. Period.

• Note that I said REGARDLESS OF GENDER, so don't attack me with your feminist crap.

• Yes it is a bad word. There is no question about that in the mind of any sane person. What you've done here is typical of a defensive feminist and why people are annoyed with feminists today, but the truth is feminism does a lot worse. I have zero respect for any woman who lives in the west today and still identifies as a feminist in spite of all the shit feminism does today.

• Debating with you would be like debating Donald Trump. Just not worth it.

What Girls Said 6

• Only stupid people care about these things. Like, people who are objectively stupid. (Know any brilliant skinheads? Didn't think so.)

Unfortunately, there are lots and lots of stupid people.

• If they were qualified and I liked their views, then I would. It's not about their race. It's about their intelligence and whether I see them fit to run our country.

• Sure, I would vote for the best candidate regardless of race. I also don't think the candidate's gender or age should be issues in an election.

• If I were American, yeah

• Tiger Woods

• how does something as simple as race get to define anything? No wonder your country is a failure

• I asked this as Arab-American and majority said no.

• But I don't see how and why race should define a good leader.

• Me neither.