Guys, What's so scary about pads and tampons?

Guys don't have to wear them. While it's understandable that they poke fun of it in middle school, it's downright strange that it's a reason to panic when they get older. All “that time” means is you won't have a little you running around just yet. Yes, we have mood swings, but trust me, so do guys. Really, why do guys panic so much?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• People your age are immature. That is pretty much all that is going on here. If you ever have a son, when he is about 14 he is likely to go through this stage as well. A part of growing up is learning, and accepting facts about the human body. It just takes time for them to mature.

• How did heavensgift2girls (obviously a satirical name) get a MHO rating calling you immature for asking what so many young ladies, and young guys are wondering?
      Grown-up guys, mature, understand, and they keep track, and pay attention, and know what you like/need at that time. Some NEED ice cream, some like salty, and chocolate, the next day!
      Normal, CARING guys, have your brand, and what you use, as back-up, at their place, in case you are a day or two early, or late. Some even have a drawer, for you, for a change, in case the 'worst' happens!! Yeah, it happens, even with women that are your mom's age!! Sometimes, in the middle of the night, and Surprise!! We are up, changing the sheets, pjammas, underwear, and PLEASE DON'T CRY!!! IT ISN'T A BIG DEAL!!!
      If you really want to know if the guy you like is really the 'one', tell him you are having your period, and ran out of tampons/pads!! Send him to Walgreens to get them, for you, at midnight!! Watch his reaction! That's his character

• Lol Good advice, but my comment was actually directed toward you, not him. That is why I didn't type his name to respond to him. I didn't want you to think I was trying to disrespect you for being young or anything.

• Oh no. I didn't feel disrespected... I mean it's your opinion to have...

What Guys Said 21

• s2.quickmeme.com/.../...aa515962a7d563d59cf8e7.jpg

Its just weird when you that young. As boys turn to men we don't worry about it anymore (well most of us) we even get brave enough to buy them at stores when your not there.

• Who said there was anything scary about them. I actually keep a box of tampons in my desk just in case my girlfriend needs them when she is over so she doesn't have to run out and get a new box. I also keep two of them in my IFAK.

• Well how sweet of you :P

• I suppose that is one way to look at it. I think it is more accurate to say that I would prefer to take a few minutes out of my day ahead of time rather worry about it later.

• Many years ago, I read the autobiography of Henry Kotex, and found it to be supremely inspiring. A true rags-to-riches story!

• I remember panicking about it when I was around your age. But I seriously doubt if adult men would find it scary. It's just a natural part of being a woman.

• I had two sisters , this sort of thing wasn't an issue growing up. I'm comfortable enough to go buy them for my Mrs when she asks

• It's hard to explain we are hunters, we are good at hunting not the nourishers or caretakers, our instinct do not work in that department, so most of us freak out, I don't I already spend a lot of time in studying how a female body functions, but I have never spend time with an actual female except my annoying mom who is half tomboy

• I remember not caring when I was 14. My teacher and I even found a case filled with them in middle school. I gave them to the girl they belonged to, she asked if I looked to see what was in it, I said yes and didn't care.

• There are only scary when she asks you to pick some up for you and you don't know which ones to buy...

• I guess that's very true. So many brands but the best to buy is Always.

• See you might think that but some other one wants Playtex or whatever lol

• Nothing. You're 14 though, so probably don't have much experience with older guys. I don't think adult men have a problem with them.

• I don't why would I it's no big deal we all know you need/wear them.
    I have even gone to the shops to buy/get them for friends and family it's no big deal

• I see this more in fiction than in real life, I can't remember ever being grossed out by periods or products nor can I remember any of my male peers really giving a crap.

• I think periods are cute.. I don't know why. I'm not grossed out or anything at all.

• Hmm... I have never heard a guy think periods are..."cute" :P

• First for everything, haha!
      Better than being like "ewww!" Right?

• Childishness that's why.

• They're vampires!

• AGHHHHH GET THE HOLY WATER

• Ummm 😐
    No it never scared 😓 me
    Though I was curious about it when I was 12-13 😶

• I don't understand either. It's a natural part of the female body.

• I don't know. I don't find anything weird with periods or anything related to them. I want to be in a relationship with a woman one day, so I should be used to it.

• I don't care about it. It's a natural bodily function, and none of my business.

• who said its scary.. when my girl frnd has periods she would tell me.. i would care her. she is very comfortable to share with me.. i know about her than she does lol!. nothing to panic.. its not for girls alone.. each guy must be involved in it..

• Nothing it's just gross to guys mostly