Is it really wrong if a cop smokes weed?

My boyfriend got his job as a cop, and sometimes we smoke weed together, like two times on the weekend. It's just a thing we always did since highschool, for fun and relax and it can help for amazing sex lol... but now that he's a cop, doesn't that sound weird and wrong?

By the way, i live in Spain and cannabis is only legal in private/closed spaces only, in public areas remain illegal although is decriminalized and only leads to an administrative offense...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really see a problem with it because morally speaking, there is nothing wrong with smoking pot. It might be illegal but that doesn't make it morally "wrong". Also, when you're boyfriend is at home, he is not a cop. In his private time, he is just a normal citizen like anyone else. He doesn't get any special rights but also no special responsibilities. This also means that he is not required to act as a good example for other people during his leisure time. It would only be a problem if he smoked pot during his work.

• Thanks for your opinion. My boyfriend thinks the same... Sometimes he gets upset when he arrests people for marijuana but he can't close the eyes to his job. When he's not in uniform he doesn't care if someone is even smoking pot next to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering it's illegal in most places and he's supposed to be enforcing the law... Yeah it's wrong.

What Guys Said 7

• Have you seen this story?

www.huffingtonpost.ca/news/pot-smoking-mountie/

RCMP officer who was seen smoking his medicinal marijuana while in ceremonial uniform, had a trial by media and ended up committing suicide. Poor guy.

• It's not wrong if anyone smokes it. I'd respect the cop for that

• Yeah he is a hypocrite

• why?

• because he tells others as a cop they can't cause that's the law yet he himself does.

• If it's illegal where he lives then it's totally fucked up.

• I'm just sayin, everyone should hate cops

• Not as long as he don't bogart that joint.. Lol lol

• I hate cops anyway, let them do shit that'll fuck 'em up.

What Girls Said 0