Why do so many people dislike Adam Sandler ?

... he has a lot of good creative movies that have soul, meaning and are funny at the same time... like i deadass fell inlove with some of his characters and i don't even fall in love with movie characters like that... people give him no credit...

Most Helpful Guy

• he's a good actor and someone who was also funny that chooses to do terrible fucking movies. i mean grown ups was ok and click was decent, but besides that, his recent movies have been absolute dog shit. and the shitty part is that i've seen him act before. look up reign over me.

• yeah i saw all his movies rein over me was 1 of the 4 movies i didn't like

• you only didn't like 4 movies of his? actually 3 cause it's not really 1 he's known for. i didn't like it because it was sad, but he killed it and made it sad. i don't cry in movies unless it's toy story 3 and forrest gump and i almost did a few times in that move.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• Sure, he has done some good movies in the past. Just not for at least 15 years. Now he just uses his name to get funding to make shit movies with his friends.

• i like his older movies, billy madison, happy gilmore, up through Big Daddy. Mr. Deeds was ok. after that i feel like his movies got a little bad. I did like Grownups, Click was decent, and 50 First Dates was ok

• It's more that he fell off. Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are in the pantheon of great comedy movies, and although I hate when the funny guy does the sensitive-ish movie with the cute little kid (see: Jim Carey in Liar Liar), Big Daddy was solid too. Then he just fell off a cliff and hasn't made a good movie since, and if he did, it's news to me.

• i like all his movies there are only at least 4 movies i didn't like

• That's cool, I guess they appeal to you. Like I said, the stuff he made in the 90s are some of the most classic of classic movies. I don't think a week goes by where I don't quote Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore. And actually, I have a long-running, "it's funny because I'm beating the joke to death" schtick with my girlfriend that's a variation on the "chlorophyll? More like "bore-ophyll"... right?" Like 15 times a day I do that, in the most awkward way possible, with some word I can alter and make a play on, and I get the eye roll every time, hahaha. I can't imagine life without that routine, haha, I love annoying her. I don't know, after Bog Daddy, I just couldn't hang. Mr. Deeds had a laugh or two, I guess. I wish we could round up every copy of Little Nicky and fire them into outer space. All the Grown Ups and 50 First Dates and That's My Boy and Click... hard pass. Glad you enjoy it though, when he's good, he's great👍

• His old movies were great, and his SNL characters were funny (Mr Cajun Man!) but the recent movies have sucked.

• He's awesome. Him in Big Daddy or Happy Gilmore Hahaha I die😂😂😂✌

• Because he's made several films that were purely cash grabs where he took in the money that was meant to be used to make it and buggered off to play golf with his mates.

• Hard to say, he's done a couple films which show he has the potential to be more than a one note actor, but he keeps reaching back for frat boy humor, or worse.

• He is a bit obnoxious

• I like him. Since I seen him in happy gilnore in the 90s. He's genuine

• He has done some good movies, can't disagree with that. The last decade of his movies are shit.

• Because he and his movies are dull and boring.

• He's not funny and a mediocre actor, yet he's very overexposed.

• Because he's an annoying prick who makes bad films, puts on stupid voices and is painfully unfunny.

What Girls Said 6

• His old movies are fantastic. People aren't fans of his newer movies, which is where he's getting most of the criticism. They miss his early work.

• Because it seems he only plays one type a character in a lot of his movies it gets boring after a while. He should try something different.

• He's funny but stupid.

• I like his movies, I didn't know a lot of people disliked him.

• Because he's annoying

• His acting sucks