Do you believe in love at first sight?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I do not believe in love at first sight. However, I do believe in instantaneous, magnetic, intense connections at first sight that exist naturally and effortlessly. It's almost like the connection was already there just waiting to be found. You may have an acquaintance for a year that you've been trying and struggling to establish a certain level of ease of conversation or appeal with but it's never quite happened then this person comes along and it's like there's this unspoken pull where you two share smiles and laughs and it's so unchallenging.

I've experienced this before, it's lovely. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• love at 1st sight is infatuation. you fall in love by knowing the person and being attracted to the other's personality, looks, and just overall compatibility with you.

What Girls Said 24

• No, because love isn't a feeling. I believe in lust, or interest or chemistry at first sight... but love entails treating someone in their best interest despite how you feel about them.

You can't love what you don't know. You may love the IDEA based on the first impressions you have of someone, but that's not the same as real love.

My cousin was convinced that love at first sight existed, when she walked into a room... saw this guy and said "I'm going to marry him. I can tell he's my soulmate from this "feeling" I got when I first saw him."

Well... they did get married. Then 3 years into the marriage, his true character started coming out.. and he ended up having an affair and another child with a different woman and ultimately left her and their 4 year old little girl.

There is more to love than feelings or chemistry.

• I don't think so! hahah! LOL! If it were true! I refuse to look at his eyes!

• No. If anything, it's lust. You can't love someone you know nothing about.

• No. Love is a bond that develops over time.

• I believe love at first sight is bull shit. It's literally just infatuation or lust due to finding them physically appealing, love at first sight is different than seeing a 'spark' although i find that to be bullshit too. I don't think you can truly love someone until you get to know them. the length in time of knowing them doesn't matter but love at first sight is a romanticized thing for women and men to think about to make them happier since they fall too hard too fast or can't at all.

• I believe it can happen, but it's a very rare thing. The reason behind it is that when I was in high school one of my teachers spoke about how her and her husband met each other 1 month just before getting married, and they've been together for over 40 years now. Things like this are rare, but not impossible.

• No I don't.

• I absolutely don't believe in it!

• Yes, I do. I think I fell for someone that way recently. Waiting to figure out if he feels that same.

• Sort of. I think that it's very, very, very rare, but that once in a blue moon it's real.

• No, because that 'love' you feel is only infatuation. love grows with time, while infatuation has the potential to burn out.

• I don't even believe in love

• Yes. I do.

• No. It's impossible to love someone you do not know. Not even like at first sight. Attraction is as far as it would go without knowing anything about the person/knowing the person at all.

• No but maybe infatuation

• no I believe in attraction at first sight. Love come later when you get to know each other.

• Yeah i believe

• Yes sadly im a hopeless romantic 😌

• I do but in a way that u fall for their beauty instead of their personality or whatever.

• Of course not

• Not really...

• No, I don't... Attraction might happen but love just don't.

• you can be very attracted to a person at first sight but love is something you have to develop.

• No, i believe in lust at first sight...

What Guys Said 13

• I think the love a mother has for her newly born child could count but for dating I think it's usually lust at first sight.

• I do actually, in fact I'm a product of that.

• Infatuation, yes. Love, no.

• i believe in boner at first sight.

• Yes i believe because but it only happend to me one time

• I believe in lust at first sight. But love can grow from lust so indirectly that is possible

• Chemistry at first sight.

• No it's complete bullcrap, you have to know someone to fall in love with them

• No, I don't.

• every time I look in the mirror

• Yup yup yup!

• yes, not as far fetched as it may seem.

• Maybe occasionally but most times or almost all it's just lust.