What causes women/men to hit their partner?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bad reasons!! Drugs, alcohol, bad judgement!! There is NEVER a good reason to physically assault a woman, or man. That is a 'deal-breaker' to me. She hits me, we are done.
    Too many movies, t. v. and sht that makes people think that this is OK. It isn't, at all, EVER!!
    If you can't control yourself, and your emotions, and you need to physically abuse someone, you need to get therapy, in prison!!

What Guys Said 6

• Most often, it is because they learned to use violence as an expression for their anger and frustration from their parents/role models - though certainly sometimes people develop it on their own. Such people can't handle pressure, or have a superiority complex (they think they are better and always right), or are hyper-controlling due to their own insecurities. Obviously alcohol or drugs only amplifies these qualities in people.

Ultimately, though, here's what's important: YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEM. Some few of them will, eventually, realize how destructive they are to their own lives, and will seek help and finally change for themselves. Most never will, and will pass on this behavior to their own children.

So, all you can really do is GET AWAY from them. They aren't your responsibility - YOU are your responsibility - and so you have to move on and protect yourself first.

• The inability to properly deal with personal issues. Suppressed emotions and insecurities can result in sudden irrational outbursts when triggered.

• Either belligerence or anger.

• If She hurts me physically with no reason she will recieve it too.

• I dont do this but people get drunk and get mad and people are immature

• Loose cannons ,,,

What Girls Said 8

• Simply can't control themselves and it's horrible.

• Mental illness, the cycle of abuse, poor impulse control, jealousy, etc.

• Alcohol. .. anger problems... mental disorders. .. sexual discrimination - I think!

• rage //// ////////////////

• Cheatinggg is my only reason where he's gonna visit hell 🍷

• They can't control themselves and act responsibly. It could be their immaturity, anger management issues, substance abuse, and other things I'm sure.

• I hit my ex once because he publicly humiliated me and degraded me after I found out he was STILL whoring behind my back. He had came back into my life during my prime and begged for another chance. I found out he was still inviting and including these skanks into his life. His response was to get defensive, dismissive, deny, and humiliate me so I smacked the fuck out of him. I hit him so hard that he said had I been his size and weight, I would have knocked him out.

I will never regret it until the day that I die.

• Weird..

• I slapped his whore ass hard and I don't regret it.

• Anger, aggression, jealousy, unhappiness.