Should you lose sight of yourself when you're in a long term relationship?

Stop going out and or dressing up with others (without your partner) because it makes them happy? Should you really have to trade in yourself or free spirit?

Should you only have night's only with your partner?

I mean because it makes them unhappy

Most Helpful Guy

• You should never lose yourself for anyone or anything. If your partner has a problem with it, they don't like you. The like a version of you that they're trying to force upon you. As long as you're being respectful to your partner and your relationship, do whatever you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't feel like I lost sight of myself due to my long term relationship. I didn't stop going out with friends, or dressing up... if my boyfriend made such a request, I'd head for the door.

If anything, I feel like I got a clearer idea of myself and what I want in life after I got with him. I got a lot more confident so actually probably take even greater care to always look well put together now. I do go out with friends still, and do everything I did before him. Only with more of a free spirit, if anything.

A relationship is supposed to bring out the best in you, strengthen you versus suppress you in any way.

What Guys Said 2

• Well that's not right, seems like a relationship that is choking u

• Nah I'll always make time for myself and my friends, of course my gal will always be my first priority but that doesn't mean I can't have a social life.

What Girls Said 1

• lol what? nah I'm still gonna go for nights out with my girls or spend time with my old friends. you can be in a relationship that is balanced with other aspects of life too.
    id hate to be one of those couples who's just all over each other and forgets about others completely. it's so annoying actually. I've had girlfriends do that. once they get a boyfriend, they just forget bout us -.-