Have you noticed that many people are ignorant when it comes to know what the term Muslim means?

Many people think it means people with Middle Eastern heritage when a Muslim is actually ANY person that follows the religion of Islam. The person can be of any race, can be from any country, etc. Ignorance is bliss.

Most Helpful Girl

• amen to you man.
    but they tend to think that because the majority are from there and it started out from there.
    but yes 100% correct man

• As for "the majority is from there" it should perhaps be added that the country with the highest muslim population (by far!) isn't even close to the middle east, it's Indonesia. Many people also don't know about that. Indonesia has about half as many muslims as all 15-20 middle eastern countries combined (in total numbers I mean).

• well good for you

• @BlueCoyote yeah I was informed about that as well about Indonesia having the highest population of Muslims.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits (to God)".[4] A female Muslim is sometimes called a Muslimah. There are customs holding that a man and woman or teenager and adolescent above the age of fifteen of a lunar or solar calendar who possesses the faculties of rationality, logic or sanity, but misses numerous successive Jumu'ahs* without a valid excuse, no longer qualifies as a Muslim.
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim

*Friday prayers

• @jacquesvol I am talking about people that follow and practice Islam can be anybody. That is what I mean when saying Muslim. I am talking the definition of people that follow and practice the religion of Islam. People of any race can practice Islam. People many times use the term Muslim to just mean Middle Eastern people when they are incorrect. In can be anybody.

• What do you think about people who practice and follow it?

• I'm an atheist.

My opinion is clear cut: they're religious... I don't value any religion higher than another.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah, I'm super ignorant lol no sarcasm, I don't know shit about them. I just know they're people and they deserve life and respect

• Yeah I agree. Had this conversation with my mom the other day about how they in Yugoslavia (when it existed) wrote in the passports if the person was Croatian, serb (and so on) or MUSLIM if they were from Bosnia. Like how? The logic? Hurts my brain

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, you're exactly right. Having honest conversations about certain tenets of Islam that are causing so much havoc in our world invariably leads to charges of "RACISM!" from the Politically Correct Left. As you say, "Muslim" and "Islam" are not racial categories. Accusations of "RACISM!" (and "ISLAMOPHOBIA!") are used to shut down honest conversation.

• It is not racism, it is bigotry. Bigotry can be racism or against people that follow a certain religion. It is still wrong that people treat Muslims like shit.

• On a side note, the Arabic word 'Islam' means 'submission' so a Muslim is the one who submit his will to Allah.

• Indeed. People need to stop labelling criticism of Muslims as 'racism'. Muslim is not a race.

• So if I problems with Islam I'm not a racist?
    Phew!
    That's a relief 😅

• I like the urban dictionary definition:

muslim 

Somebody who goes to live in other peoples countries but refuses to integrate with or tolerate their way of life. At the same time they demand we tolerate them and make all the changes to accommodate their stone age way of life.

Not all muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are muslims.

• That is not the true meaning. It is anyone who follows and practices the religion of Islam.