Is it the thing on GAG now most are posting anonymous?

I just joined, is this the norm now most are posting anon? Why? Are we not already anonumous? I know my name isn't really "dareme". Who would know you?

Where are all the anonymous commenters defending there position on anonymity?
How about some comments from the anonymous people?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are asking a question that many of us that have been here a long time wonder, also. lol. Part of the answer is that although you are anonymous with your G@G name from real life, you still may have friendships on here and want to maintain a certain trust with people, but feel that some questions may cast you in a strange light. Or feel that even though you know people on here, you don't want them to know that you have a certain peculiarity that you wish to ask the community. So you go anon. However, people do it mush too much. In years I have rarely gone anon. I think it is best to be up front and not go anon.

• Or they feel their opinions may end friendships they have online

• Sorry. lol. You are right. I have no idea if you are tight. :-)

• Thank you for MHGuy, :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes there are a lot of anon trolls here and plenty of regular nice anons but the anon posters seem to cause trouble

What Guys Said 7

• Girls tend to get sexually suggestive messages from creepy guys so I can understand if they prefer to keep their usernames hidden.

• I haven't posted any thing sexual & have gotten unwanted PM. from some guys. It's hilarious.

• Are they ever well known users?

• I would n't know if they are well know I have only recently returned to GAG. I saw the message & deleted it haven't heard back again.

• You still have a reputation attached to the name you use so more sensitive matters are best left anonymous

• The color of you eyes of what type of pizza you like is that sensitive?

• Some people have insecurities and don't want any ways of being identified.

• When you have 19764 opinions, people kinda know you by your name. Sometimes you don't want to be associated with that name.

• Yes Its always that way

• When I was here 2-3 years back it wasn't.

• You been here 5 yrs? I only just came back.

• Really about 3 years I forgot about the site the first 2 years and came back when I got an e mail from GAG 2 years later and I have been here pretty much since that day

• Never... I almost never do so

• Because some questions or opinions are embarrassing we put on here and don't want any private messages to bother us later

• For someone who "just joined" you seem to be complaining a lot about the site

• @daremetwo you can block this anon user if he causes you trouble just click on the user name

@anon she is not new she posted that under a opinion on here

• Well spit it out what are you really just trying to say?

• I'm just saying

What Girls Said 6

• i've thought about going anon on certain hot-button issues. but given my age and the way i write, i figured people would decipher it's me. plus, if i were to connect with someone here, knowing where i stand on certain things is usually a good litmus test of whether we can really be friends or not.

• A lot of people don't want to be known by other users on certain things. For example, female users are more likely to post anonymously on sexual questions to avoid people being able to spam them with dirty messages afterwards.

• Many users here still end up making connections with others here. They don't want their extremely personal issues to be put out there on the Internet and have the users they talk to often to nudge them. Plenty of people here also share their names eventually.

• I don't! lol! I bet people could spot my crazy writing style!

• I basically never post Anonymously.

• I think they post anonymously when it's a fragile topic they probably just don't want to be judged.

• A fragile or personal I can see. Most of these questions or comments I see are not.