What do you normally do while waiting for food to cook?

Most Helpful Guy

• Prepare some vegetables or other side dish, set the table, make sure nothing is burning, stir a pot, flip a steak... It all depends on what I am cooking but I very rarely have much dead time in the kitchen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually it requires doing more than one thing at once so prepare something else, get water boiling, chop something, make sure something else isn't burning, get a plate, get a drink, drink my drink, watch tv, listen to music, change song, flip something, add something to pan / pot etc. The slow cooker has saved my life as a university student. I prep a week's worth of things while I'm in the mood to cook and listen to music and drink some wine. Stick it in the freezer then take it out and cook it throughout the week.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 10

• i listen to music, watch tv, do some chores. typical stuff i guess.

• I normally sit at the kitchen table and browse this site or watch Netflix.

• dance around and sing to music like an idiot. Text my boyfriend. eat junk food. ponder about life lol.

• I listen to music or watch cartoons and then forget the food is cooking and burn it.

• I listen to music or make coffee or pour myself some water / tea while I am waiting.

• Imagine how I would design the plate if I was on Master Chef

• Long cook: look at YouTube cleaning side dish Short cook: listen to music dance around read a short article of something

• I usually read

• Last night I painted my toes while I waited.

• I usually have music blaring whilst im cooking...