Why can't I poop?

I haven't pooped not even once for about a week. That ain't normal or healthy, I know that, but I don't want to take laxatives because they're the sort of stuff that is just not okay to be taking regularly.
I read somewhere that plums are good for constipation, so I ate a shit-ton of plums but they're still in my guts. They made my dog shit though, maybe they're only good for dogs intestines.

I finally pooped. Thank you all for the replies.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to go see your doctor. A week is a long time to not shit. The longer you leave it the bigger the your shit will be and the harder it will be to pass. If you leave it too long it can cause internal bleeding and things like that to and if you don't eventually go you die. So yes, go see your doctor.

Most Helpful Girl

• Prunes are better. Have you been drinking enough water? You can try taking a stool softener or using a suppository. The latter doesn't involve any drugs.

• Yes, I've been drinking enough water. There are prunes at home, I'll eat some and see how things go. Thanks.

• Nah, I don't quite appreciate the thought of putting something up my arse just to make me take a dump again.

• Your choice.

What Guys Said 4

• If you haven't defecated in a week, your stools have become firmly impacted. If something isn't done soon you

• ... I?

• Sorry I got cut off. Hope this helps.

• If you just think about the poop... Become one with the poop... You will poop.

• Sure, it'll totally work.

• Best Question Ever.

2 Poops Up.

• Duh... go see a doctor

• I thought of it but I don't have any money to go see a doctor.

• research on the internet then

• Google is not a real doctor.

What Girls Said 3

• Up your fiber intake. And take a spoonful of mineral oil.

• Mineral oil, really? Sounds like a bad idea to take that.

• It's something you can really take. It helped my sister

• Alright then, I'll take it if nothing else works. Thank you.

• Of course taking laxatives regularly is not healthy but what's the harm this one time?

• I don't know, I'd just rather let my intestine work by itself than depend on drugs.

• Clearly your body needs help, though :/ it's not as if you'll be dependent on it forever.

• Maybe try more fiber in your diet and drink more water. If not, you might have to go see your doctor.

• I've been drinking lots of water already, I don't think that's the main problem.

• Not good, as you know. I would see your doctor. Maybe you have a blockage or something. They need to take care of that before it gets worse.