What's your biggest fear that is preventing you from living the best life you could possibly ever have?

Mine is being rejected probably! How about you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• My fear that is keeping me from living my life is the fear of not being good enough for what I want, no matter how hard I work or how hard I try to learn and understand how to do it. This applies to jobs, interests, girls, you name it. The fear of being fundamentally not good enough, fundamentally inferior at my core. The fear of being average or below average and unable to get better, of being stuck at the bottom and unable to gain any new talent or skill to be good enough to achieve my goals to my level of satisfaction.

I really worry about this because I've never felt talented or gifted in my life.

What Guys Said 22

• It's the risk of moving away from a sure thing to something that maybe rewarding but risky.

• I think I have gone even further back than that - I was a bit emotionally battle scarred at end of last relationship that I can't bring myself to go down that road again at the moment. It has been over 5 years now

• social anxiety in general... :(

• Just trying to figure out what I like, job wise
    But I don't know the answer so I'm just doing something in the meantime, but it bothers me

• Fear of being murdered for standing up against tyranny.

• Failing and watching everyone put in less effort and get further than me.

• Honestly, loving someone and having to let them go. That's why I force live an unattached single life, fucking bar sluts and acting like I love my life. Really, I want to love and be loved, everyone does, but the last one fucking broke me and I don't have the capacity to feel that way anymore. Really sucks. But, meaningless sex and drugs is as good a distraction as any.

• Fear of socialization and getting out. I'm a very introverted person so I've turned down a lot of amazing opportunities in my life simply because I was too shy to take them.

• The fear of hurting people phyically and emotionally (especially emotionally)

• It's not a fear, it's rather chains in my mind. If i can figure out a way to break them, my life can be definitely better. This year, the ultimate goal is to break them.

• Fear of rejection

• Fear of failure.

• Same. I have a great career, make great money, but I haven't ever been in a relationship. Granted I'd consider myself attractive and athletic, I just don't have the confidence, which sucks.

There comes a time in our life when we leave the comfort zone and do crazy things. :)

• Fear of cocking something up.

• I'm terrified of being alone. As in not having that one person you care about and reciprocate the feeling.

• Same. I'm afraid to tell people who/what I really am, because they might reject me and treat me like trash.

• The fear of failure... Fear of hurt... It is the fear...

• Same here. Along with the fear that I might try doing something, but screw up badly so.

• I'd have to say self-conciousness

• Never experiencing a sex life.

• I'm in the same boat. I'm just too shy (and I used to not be shy at all.) It's also caused me to not really have any friends and I'm already halfway through my third year of uni. After uni is daunting if I can't even make friends here. College is like supposed to be the easiest place in the world to make friends and have relationships. It looks like I actually will be forever alone. In love and friendship.

• Rejected from what?

And, fear of success

What Girls Said 9

• The fear of begin homeless!

• Oh yeah being rejected and deep water.. No boat rides or swimming in the ocean for me 😕

• Loving. I'm afraid of loving

• The fear of hurting the ones I love.

I have been hurt before, I've had my heart broken twice. Once by my ex boyfriend and the other time by my father.

I don't understand what would allow people to hurt others like that. I hate myself so much whenever I hurt someone I care about. I'm too much for a lot of people, and I'm a bit much for my friends sometimes. So I hold myself back and don't just fully let myself go and be happy.

I don't ever hurt anyone physically so I'd die inside if I broke someones heart. I know the feeling and I would never wish that upon another human being.

• fear of taking risks
    and to a lesser extent, though not really a fear, insecurity about my appearance

• Nothing really, I think I live my life to the fullest and i have no complains, I absolutely love my life :)

• Probably my fear of happiness and also the fear of rejection.

• Being shy and introverted

• I have been in unhappy relaionships and I never want to feel that unhappy again

I am very happy being single so I fear losing my emotional security and losing the happiness I feel right now