Have you ever been in a spa where you were naked? How was your experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• Regulary. Here in Germany it's the standard, we have tons of nude beaches, Saunas are naked, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• I come from Switzerland and quite similarly to what @FakeName123 said about Germany, nudity in these kind of places is pretty much the norm here. Saunas are always exclusively nude (also when they're mixed). In fact, it's considered weird to go to a sauna and wear a swim suit or something like that. Some elderly people even comment on it and tell you to take it off. They don't really like it when you're not nude. It's not that they want to see you naked, it just feels weird when people sit in the sauna but aren't naked (cuz that's the whole point of it). Kinda like you wouldn't go to a wedding or a formal dinner in a hoody and workout pants.
    In Spas, you can usually decide whether you want to be naked or wear a swim suit but many people prefer being naked.
    I think the difference between Americans and people from western Europe is that in Europe, we don't connect nudity with sex. When Americans see a naked person, they immediately think of sex. And because of the puritan traditions and these prudish notions that sex is something super private and intimate, they feel very uncomfortable very fast. In Europe, that is very different. When we see naked people, we don't really think much except maybe "oh, a naked person". Think of it like the ancient Greeks who used to do sports competition nude. It wasn't weird for them because it didn't have to do with sex for them. It was just some people doing sports and it made sense to be naked because this way, everyone could admire the muscles. It's kinda like that for us too. Of course I might get turned on when I see a pretty and naked girl my age in the spa or sauna (that happened especially when I was a teenager) but essentially, I don't really give it much thought because the situation is totally un-sexual, we just happen to be nude. Contrary to some people, I also don't mind seeing old people naked in the spa or sauna. I think it's a shame how modern TV commercials make us believe that everyone has to be perfectly looking, spotless skin, skinny... you name it. I don't mind seeing an old man with a big, wrinkly belly or an old woman with hanging boobs in the sauna because this is what human ageing truly looks like. There's a good chance that we will also look that way some time later and so we shouldn't say stuff like "yuck, that's disgusting".
    So no, I don't mind being naked in spas or saunas ;-).

• Actually, the UK is quite prude, if you went to a sauna, swimming pool or beach naked you'd be called a pervert and probably reported. Especially with children around and definitely if you were a male... Not even joking...

• @26ukdude Oh yes, I know about that. I have a very close friend who is British and he's also a rather prude fellow ;-). The reason I used the word "Europe" here is because I was exclusively speaking about continental Europe. Of course I know that geographically, Great Britain belongs to Europe but when we talk about culture in continental Europe, we frequently say "Europe" but actually only mean continental Europe. I think Great Britain has some amount of European-ness but due to the strong influence from the US, it's more American in many ways... for example in this one.

• I have been to many saunas, hot tubs, pools, etc, and was nude in them with men and women. Oh, did I mention it was at nude resorts? lol

• A spa? no never even set foot in one, been in plenty of gym locker rooms naked or almost naked though lol.

• I was - It is a bit weird for first minute or so then you forget about it.

• Not in a spa, on beaches. One gets used to nudity very fast.

• Does my bathroom count?

• Naah, in the UK the only times people do this are select special nudist beaches and changing rooms of the same gender.

• Nah I haven't. Have you?

• yes many times it's no big deal as nudity and nakedness isn't sexual here in the UK or Europe.

• Yes I've visited several in Germany and Austria. It is a little strange at first but much better than sitting around all day in soggy swimwear. Nudity feels very liberating.

• I've not been to a spa wither but I am interested in naturism too but as I'm single I don't think its as easy

• Korean bath house count?

What Girls Said 2

• No I never been to a spa!~

• The spa I usually go to, everybody wear a robe. During the massage I don't really care if the masseuse sees me naked.